IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Except the challenge being discussed was "Did you blind test?"

Perhaps  "Did you blind test?" could be substituted with "Is there any objective, reproducible evidence for your claim, or is this a subjective impression?"

The latter is probably better, but it comes off as snottier and more combative (even though if you take it at face value, it is less so).

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a bit more faith in humanity’s ability to read more information and make a decision appropriate for each individual. 

We are coming up on the two-year anniversary of the worst counter-example I can think of since pre-WWII times.

11 minutes ago, Jud said:

I feel that we can wait for people to say "I'm a newbie, can you give me any hints about how to undertake this mod?" before chiming in that there are some of us who feel it's not necessary in order to get good sound.

Isn't that pretty much what the OP was doing in that thread?

20 minutes ago, look&listen said:

All would fail.

wgscott entire argument fraudulent. No actual experience with topic (Mac Mini modifications), yet asserts authority to make judgements over others with real experiences of topic. Has no standing to comment & should know that, but loudly & bitterly declares his uninformed opinions must prevail. Even gaslighting astroboy for own arrogance. 

Defends with ridiculous assertion that experienced audiophile listening experiences invalid (because 'science'?)

Rejecting skilled experiential data only make one more ignorant, less worthy to claim 'correctness'. Clear he not know, practice, understand or skilled audiophile hearing. So all opinions based on willful ignorance best ignored as unlikely to be correct, or even close.

My experience with Mac Mini modifications go back years, and try many things, carefully assess changes to sound quality, remember SQ changes, continue to change & refine & listen.

My real experience with the tech & sound of Mac Mini modifications give me knowledge to say, without doubt, that wgscott opinions about topic nothing but dishonest BS.

Ignore him.

You are a real class act.

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Just like your recent extreme put down of the possibility of any improvement when using a product sold by a supplier in the sponsored section of this forum, despite the large numbers sold to other C.A. members  and many posted  reports in this forum that these members were not only happy customers, but went on to purchase additional products from the same supplier.

You have zero personal experience of any of these products that were designed by a well respected forum member who is a highly experienced  E.E. , yet you continue to attack their usefulness  just as several others do, without even trying them for yourself.

You misread and have mischaracterized what I wrote.

The claim was that using a mac mini with its built-in power supply won't even produce "decent" sound.  

The claim is demonstrably false, even if a LPS is significantly better.  (The only claims I have made about linear power supplies are that no measurements that I am aware of have been produced that demonstrate the LPS results in better sound.)

55 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I don't think that's the case. I was honestly trying to bridge the gap. I see nothing like that from you. I honestly believe you're the worst offender. I'm sure this will be deleted but I'll copy it anyways just for posterity.

Very sorry for your troubles.  Please place me on your ignore list, and I will do likewise.