IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

50 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

You are suggesting a balanced viewpoint to folks who have been taught by society from the day they were born that the world is either black or white. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

8 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

Your entire post is filled with undertones that the objectivists are correct, and the subjectivist's have closed minds. And as a moderator of an objectivist forum, it's no surprise.

However the areas you guys lack understanding is that if the product sells and makes the people who buy it happy, and it doesn't burn down your house, the company who made it was successful. No matter what formula this success was derived from. The knowledge to be able to accomplish this can not be found from learning how to run an Audio Precision audio analysis device. 

Well I think these two are conflicting statements, one written without prejudice and then later contradicted ( with a edit) when you made  a ‘discovery ‘ . 

This serves to highlight the depth of the issue , my post actually documents my own experience as a independent minded person . You could call the whole thing subjective. Let’s hope the natives back at base done burn me on a stake.

anyway I’m done , I just thought I’d try and highlight some of the issues and hopefully encourage you all to stay as one , objectivists and subjectivist. 

My bad.

Ha ha , so let’s turn this around and get some sensible discourse,, ah let’s turn it into a cable thread coz that’ll do it. 

I fairly sure even now if I had to listen to my system connected via usb using a cheap looking cable vs a nice chunky expensive one it would sound better with the later. I might even feel ‘safer’ and my anxiety levels may well be reduced ( certainly 2 or 3 years ago) and that’s without having bought in to the ‘science ‘ of the manufacturer. So I know it shouldn’t make a difference but it still dose..,

But how can this be....?  .... maybe something else , something to do with visual association informing auditory perception maybe ..?  Maybe this is how tv marketing works too, maybe this is a powerful mechanism of prejudice, let’s cut out the visual and see just what happens when we separate these senses. 

Or lets not and just assume its the cable , let’s not look any further after all I trust my ears , but then do I trust them in combination with my eyes , ah sod it I know what I know god damn it. 

The cable is making a diffrence i dont care what the tests say, they don’t know what I’m hearing , they are not me . 

3 minutes ago, Taz777 said:

I think the whole has to be considered rather than the graphs and charts for one specific component. If the whole feels good then does anything else really matter?

For me there is a tipping point when the music I feel is simply marvellous. That could be with a length of wet string or a component that is so technically competent that it challenges the measuring equipment.

I just listen to music these days , I wonder about room correction now and then ( I do use something with my subwoofers but not the mains ) but other than that I don’t worry and Iv not changed anything in my main listening room for 3 or 4 years now.   I chose all my kit by evaluating it at home , not a process I ever enjoyed as all I wanted was to hear music that sounded ‘right’ to me.  

If you paid 2 grand for that bit of string and were sold it on the belief it was ‘the best thing’ despite you being happy I’d suggest maybe it would be worth looking into. 

Still id love to have my stuff measured , just to see just what’s really going on. Are those products I bought really performing to spec etc.  To me I’m part of the system and I can be faulty just like a amp to some degree.