IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

5 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Come on Ralf11. You can't honestly believe that?

I wouldn't have believed it some years ago.  But like other scientists, I have an open mind -- i.e. it is open to new data, of which there is a great abundance on this site.  I realize you are fairly new here, but you can either read back threads or just watch the flow of output from the limbic system as it scrolls past...

11 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

We may have different definitions of new, but I've been a member since 2011 while I see you (at least as Ralf11) have been a member since 2016 (and I have 800+ posts while you have 9400+ posts).

As far as reading back through threads, I'm finding just trying to follow the few posts in this thread to be almost a full time job. You must be some kind of super human to be able to intelligently follow all the threads and posts you've been involved in.

I've done quite a bit of reading & lurking here.

While not at all super or even supra-human, I am supposed to be retired (twice) and am a fast reader to boot.

Wait and see if there isn't a lot of rage expressed by certain posters.

12 minutes ago, crenca said:

If you directed this to me Ralf11:

Yes, my observation is that part of the subjective/objective divide is how the two camps differ in their interpretation of facts themselves in a moral way

no I think lasker used that term - seems odd w.r.t. stereo systems (unless he meant MQA)

8 minutes ago, Allan F said:

FWIW, Paul McGowan of PS Audio's viewpoint: How do designers know what to engineer if it cannot be measured?

I think experience allows him to reduce the factor space he has to operate with to move towards a particular sonic goal.  I see this in science (and engineering and math) all the time.

You'll hear people say things like "nail down the boundary conditions" or "constrain the solution" etc.

As you know, attorneys do a similar thing all the time too.

52 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I am beginning to think people keep arguing about this because nothing interesting has happened in this hobby (or whatever you want to call it) in a fairly long time.  (MQA was a nice try, but ...)

add Gallium - see what happens

To answer a question a few pages back...

everything relating to the science of electronics is already known as far as audio goes

That does not mean all technological implementations have been made, or that new materials or processing will not occur in the future.  I started a thread 1-2 days ago for just this question.