IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

1 minute ago, lasker98 said:

I don't know about a real world one but from the OP this is how I see it:

"Broadly speaking, for me, a subjectivist leans more to being interested in other's listening impressions, and personal experiences with whatever is being discussed. Objectivists lean more towards being interested in actual measurements and a scientific explanation of what's behind these subjectivist reports. Within each group there's various degrees of overlap."

Those are 4 different things:

1) other people listening impressions

2) personal experiences

3) actual measurements

4) scientific explanation

Why do you assume that 1 and 2 necessarily go together as well as 3 and 4 to the exclusion of 1 and 2? My last major purchase was based on (1) as well as getting a good price on an unavailable product -- does that make me a Subjectivist?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a bit more faith in humanity’s ability to read more information and make a decision appropriate for each individual. 

Well yes which is why robust discussion is necessary. 

Not that we are doing science here but time honored methods are used are used as a neutral way to solve disagreements among willing individuals. 

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

Love listening to good music, also curious about tweaks. Lots of us can be described that way. (Was your interest in ClearFog and espressobin purely musical, or also for the fun of the education?) So not a very clear distinction. (Surely part of your point that any attempt to divide us into opposed camps is wrongheaded from the get-go.)

Exactly!

42 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

Chris has banned my home IP address. Signed in with my phone. Guess I’m making far too much sense to be a part of this forum. 

You've kinda sorta indicated you have commercial interests in a DAC. You should identify your specific commercial ties in your sig.

1 hour ago, Music Enthusiast said:

If mentioning a DAC I've heard is a commercial interest, then Chris can go fuck himself. I'm out of this shit hole. 

Wow! That was unprovoked. Chris had no part in what I said.

You didn't claim merely to have listened to DAC, rather done so along with a team of engineers and there was some teaching and learning going on. Unless its a DAC engineering club, then it sounds like it might be a commercial enterprise. At the very least its not an unreasonable question on my part. Why not simply answer? No big deal, or it shouldn't be.