IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

37 minutes ago, iLguapo said:

The rendu is seen in sonicorbiter but it stops after a few songs and then it disappear from sonicorbiter 

After a shutdown or reboot using the Sonicobiter panel, I have found that I need to power off (actually unplug power cable) my opticalRendu for several minutes (15-30 minutes) and let it cool down before powering it up again.

1 minute ago, ericuco said:

After a shutdown or reboot using the Sonicobiter panel, I have found that I need to power off (actually unplug power cable) my opticalRendu for several minutes (15-30 minutes) and let it cool down before powering it up again.

1 minute ago, ericuco said:

I never experienced any of these issues with the previous software 

43 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Do you have the current version of 2.8? For some people, including me, earlier versions of 2.8 had that problem which was resolved by a software update. 

I have the latest card with 2.8 but still have what I believe is an overheating issue during startup after shutdown or reboot, if the unit has not had a chance to cool down. No issue once everything is up and running. Not done extensive testing on this, but letting it cool down always has worked.

12 minutes ago, ericuco said:

I have the latest card with 2.8 but still have what I believe is an overheating issue during startup after shutdown or reboot, if the unit has not had a chance to cool down. No issue once everything is up and running. Not done extensive testing on this, but letting it cool down always has worked.

Eric, have you updtaed the software recently though?  I mean in the last week or so?  I would recommend updating the software via the sonic orbiter web page as there have been updates which reduce any heat issues.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, barrows said:

Eric, have you updtaed the software recently though?  I mean in the last week or so?  I would recommend updating the software via the sonic orbiter web page as there have been updates which reduce any heat issues.

Yes, updated earlier this week or late last week, the last update I got was for the latest HQP NAA version. I had waited to get update card until the problem was initially reported and “ fixed” but found that unless I let unit cool down, it would not show up in Sonicorbiter web page. Generally I just leave my oR on so this is not something I do a lot thus limited experience.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, gocubs42 said:

Jesus/Andrew that is one great review on a great product.....congratulations on a great job

He did a really nice job on the various sections of the review discussing fiber connections, playback protocols, Sonic Orbiter software, hardware, and then comparing the opticalRendu/opticalModule to other gear he has.  

Since transitioning to the oR + oM, I find that the level of isolation provided makes the network switch much less important with regards to sound quality. I have gone full circle and am now once again using a NETGEAR GS105 and am experiencing the best sound I have ever had.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
35 minutes ago, MrDerrick said:

Since transitioning to the oR + oM, I find that the level of isolation provided makes the network switch much less important with regards to sound quality. I have gone full circle and am now once again using a NETGEAR GS105 and am experiencing the best sound I have ever had.

I tried to tell people...enjoy!

On 4/18/2020 at 7:20 PM, MrDerrick said:

I'm sure many people wonder....what would work best?  oR + Etherregen (standard PS), or oR + oM (+ decent PS).  Not much difference in cost between these two solutions.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

40 minutes ago, sgb said:

I first had the oM => oR but now I have Etherregen (B to A) => oR. For me and in my system Etherregen (B to A) => oR sounds best. Standard PS for the Etherregen and a SBooster mkII BOTW for the oR.

Thanks - good information.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

2 hours ago, sgb said:

I first had the oM => oR but now I have Etherregen (B to A) => oR. For me and in my system Etherregen (B to A) => oR sounds best. Standard PS for the Etherregen and a SBooster mkII BOTW for the oR.

Hi, what kind of benefits or improvements did you find changing from the OR+OM to OR+ER? Thanks.

I have tried every possible combination of uR, eR, oR and oM (I have 2 oMs).

In my system with my ears, the oR oM optical combo edges out the uR eR Ethernet combo or other combinations of the same.

All powered with well regulated power supplies.

If you want to all Ethernet, then the uR eR is the way to go, if you want to go optical, then go for the oR oM.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
7 hours ago, Musikfan said:

Hi, what kind of benefits or improvements did you find changing from the OR+OM to OR+ER? Thanks.

The benefits is in every part. Width and depth of the stereoimage, bass and highs, voices are better. 

I will tell you that I was very sceptical that a switch could have any impact on the sound quality. But I was very wrong. I was lucky to have the opportunity to borrow the eR before i bought it. But it made such a great impact on me and my system (Mytek Brooklyn Dac, Parasound Halo A21, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, REL T7i). 

But try before you buy. You may not have the same result or preference that I have.