IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

On 1/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, vortecjr said:

I post a lot more information here so this is your best bet.

Keys things to know:

1. opticalRendu - optical cable input and USB-Audio output. coming soon.

2. opticalModule - optical Ethernet to cable Ethernet converter or cable Ethernet to optical Ethernet converter. coming shortly after #1 above. 

3. SFP - Small Form-Factor Pluggable transceiver. These SFPs plug into the network slot of the opticalRendu, opticalModule or your switch. We are providing these with our gear and the optical cable connects to it. 

4. Starter kit - Generic accessories bundled together to get you started with optical networking.

Jesus,

For your consideration:

How about offering a 2nd SFP as an option?  I have fiber today but with a different connector, so I'd need another SFP to plug into my router anyway.  Keeps it simple!

On 1/13/2019 at 5:34 AM, octaviars said:

If you already have a fiber cable to your equipment comming from a switch with fiberoutput for example you can use that directly to an opticalrendu or a use a opticalmodule to get ordinary ethernet to a renderer.

not necessarily...........i have a fiber fmc but with a different connector, so i need a new SFP to go into one of my netgear routers

2 minutes ago, cat6man said:

not necessarily...........i have a fiber fmc but with a different connector, so i need a new SFP to go into one of my netgear routers

or just a different cable?  Cable providers will terminate with different connectors to suit, as long as you have a Gigabit SFP.  Fantastic quality optical cable is cheaper than good quality CAT 6A...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, cat6man said:

Jesus,

For your consideration:

How about offering a 2nd SFP as an option?  I have fiber today but with a different connector, so I'd need another SFP to plug into my router anyway.  Keeps it simple!

We will have an option for this in the drop down menu when you order the unit. 

19 hours ago, Chiler54 said:

I connected an ultraRendu to a Chord Qutest. Will the OpticalRendu sound better when replacing the UltraRendu?

I don’t get into these types of comparisons. There will be plenty of feedback from users when we start shipping.

note to all:

if you are planning on using single mode simplex fiber, the SFP must be in matched pairs so that the Tx and Rx wavelengths line up properly.

Jesus:

you noted you were going to offer an option to purchase a 2nd SFP with the opticalRendu.

can you also offer an option to leave out the SFP if we already have a set?

p.s. I've run 15m of single mode simplex fiber from my router........only one piece missing now :)

11 minutes ago, Ken Eis said:

I am on the fence about buying an UltraRendu now or waiting for the optical.  Will the ultra have an upgrade path to the optical?

You will still need an external PS right?

Jesus mentioned earlier that the Ultra cannot be 'upgraded' to an OpticalRendu.  The devices differ too much for this to be possible.  OpticalRendu will still need a PS.  The OpticalRendu is about $400 more than the UltraRendu.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 1/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, cat6man said:

note to all:

if you are planning on using single mode simplex fiber, the SFP must be in matched pairs so that the Tx and Rx wavelengths line up properly.

Jesus:

you noted you were going to offer an option to purchase a 2nd SFP with the opticalRendu.

can you also offer an option to leave out the SFP if we already have a set?

p.s. I've run 15m of single mode simplex fiber from my router........only one piece missing now :)

The SFP modules need to be Gigabit only. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, Blake said:

Jesus mentioned earlier that the Ultra cannot be 'upgraded' to an OpticalRendu.  The devices differ too much for this to be possible.  OpticalRendu will still need a PS.  The OpticalRendu is about $400 more than the UltraRendu.

The other option will be to use the ultra with the opticalModule. When the pricing comes out on the oM you can make a judgement if that's something you want to do.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

@vortecjr can we expect a new release of SonicOrbiter along with availability of opticalRendu?  Any planned enhancements you can share at this time?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 hours ago, rickca said:

@vortecjr can we expect a new release of SonicOrbiter along with availability of opticalRendu?  Any planned enhancements you can share at this time?

No because we have been regularly updating it as we go along so when the opticalRendu launches we have a consolidated operating system across the series.