IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

58 minutes ago, Musikfan said:

Hi, i have a question regarding the OR and etherREGEN.  I am using the opticalrendu + optical module, and the OM is plugged into an eero unit.  Would I still need to get an Uptone etherREGEN?   If so, how would the OR and OM be plugged into the etherREGEN? As I understand it, the OM would have to be dropped from the system.  And on which side of the etherREGEN would  the eero be plugged into?  Thanks.

I haven’t received mine yet, but my understanding is that the ER will have to be used “backwards”, with the router feeding the B side and the optical out on the A side connected to the opticalRendu (replacing the opticalModule). The B side won’t communicate with the opticalModule since it’s 100 Mbps, not the 1,000 Mbps required by the opticalModule. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, RichardK said:

I have a switch with SFP ports and I would like to connect the opticalRendu using either opticalModule or uptone EtherREGEN (RJ45 from switch to eR with high quality cable) and then fiber cable directly to the opticalRendy. Anyone has any experience comparing these two options and a preference?

I replaced my opticalModule with an EtherRegen, to connect to my opticalRendu. Worthwhile, in my opinion. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.