IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

• 2 months later...

I have had the OpticalRendu since Noon Friday and have played it continuously since then. I am listening to Bill Evans Village Vanguard 1961 and can honestly say my system has never sounded as good-I am throughly happy. Definition is great and bass seems improved. I used to tweak Roon by adding a little bass response at about 100 hertz(?) now just listen lossless.  

Not much into audio stuff but have tried to investigate as I adopted streaming audio. I understand some audio equipment benefits from a break in period. Do you have break it in after every time you turn it off?  Not sure how to put OR in a standby mode I note you can power it down but not sure how you power it up or even if this is more of a problem than its worth. I put my Brooklyn DAC in stand by mode at night and it awakens when I do. 

• 2 weeks later...

System:

Roon over Wifi-EERO mesh. 

Some kind of Switch? Cheap power supply

Fiber into OpticalRendu

USB into Mytek Brooklyn Dac+, both Dac and Optical rendu run off the same Uptone

JS 2 power supply

Bel Canto Ref 600 Amp

B&W 802

Really enjoy system and noticed an audible improvement when OpticalRendu installed. No way for me to know if it was isolation from fiber or just that the OpticalRendu is a better unit made with better parts. I purchased the Optical Module hoping better parts and  an opportunity to get rid of another cheap power supply (the switch). The Patio is run off Sonos which is located about a meter from the main units. I usually leave the Sonos unplugged unless in use.

Considering where I have to locate stuff heat is an issue and most  the units run pretty cool. Would the Optical rendu run cooler at 6v or even 5v and does voltage impact sound quality?

• 4 weeks later...

I have now been listening to the OpticalRendu for weeks so my system has settled down. Change was basically the OpticalRendu for the Ultra, Optical Module and fiber, and Teddy Pardo power supplies. 

System improved, mostly in bass performance- more there and more defined. I feel now that the quality of the source is most important. I have burned CDs but mostly listen Qobuz. So much to listen to, so many wonderful musicians. Will be hard to convince  a 67 year old upgrade from here. 

Anyway, thanks for your efforts. 

Source :Roon and EERO Mesh Wi-fi

Amp:  (2) Bel Canto Ref 600 (Brickwall Surge Protector)

Stream: Sonore Opticalmodule(Teddy Pardo 5v power supply) to Sonore OpticalRendu(Teddy Pardo 7v power supply)

DAC: Mytek Brooklyn+ (Uptone JS-2)

Speakers: B+W 802d3

• 3 weeks later...