IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

23 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

So an opticalRendu with an RJ45 SFP WILL be better than an ultraRendu fed by the same Ethernet cable, the opticalRendu fed by an optical signal is significantly better.

The question I think many will ask is whether to keep your ultraRendu and add the etherRegen, or upgrade to the opticalRendu ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, vortecjr said:

I won't post his review until Chris has posted his initial thoughts, but I will say that he liked it...a lot:)

Please post. 

(Or will there be a written review coming as well from Chris. Not only the video). 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This adapter would allow one to stream from a computer directly via optical Ethernet to an opticalRendu and provide 100% galvanic isolation over the connection.

This must be a product John can make even better as one of his next possible next projects 😀

USB to Ethernet converter. 

@vortecjr

I’ve just learn that SFP’s get quite hot, and also requires more power. 

Is this correct, and if so, will your opticalRendu and optical Module get quite hot or at least hotter than the UltraRendu ?

Is the fiber interface the main reason for a possible more power draw from the opticalRendu ? (Compared to UltraRendu). 

This may also limit the possible future implementation of SFP on the SonicTransporter?

On 3/19/2019 at 4:21 AM, vortecjr said:

Currently waiting on cases and fine tuning the operating system. I'm not able to post an expected ship date at this time. 

Any update?

Could it take up to 4 weeks maybe ?

Will everybody that order get the opticalRendu from the first production batch, or is it sold out already. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Any cheaters will have their purchase refunded

This should be understood as long as you have an opticalRendu ordered, doesn’t matter when, you’re good, and will get free freight on your OM. Correct?

What you’re trying to avoid is anyone purchasing the opticalModule as a single item, and think they get free freight.

Your answer in the other tread was not totally clear to me.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:33 PM, vortecjr said:

It may affect production run number two because those tariffs don't kick in right away. 

When we in Norway export abroad, we can deduct the 25 % VAT that normally has to be paid when selling goods domestic. 

If US companies has to pay 25% import duty, can’t this then be deducted when exporting abroad ? As the company will get a 25% refund.

(Unless you’re shipping direct from China to your non US customers). 

• 2 weeks later...

@Em2016

Just be aware that the interface/ connection is different between those FMC’s and products using SFT. I expect the correct cable solve that. 

I just realized myself this evening 😀

(So I will try this one. Will get a used one instead of a new cable). 

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.23.21 AM.png