IGNORED

best headphones under $200?

which headphones do you recommend for listening to music that are under $200? i mostly want music to sound like an artist intends it to. i mainly care about the sound quality of vocals (especially female) and bass. i usually listen to pop and rap. if these features dont sacrifice sound quality, id also like them to be noise cancelling or isolating, be compatible with Bluetooth adapters, and not fall off easily from moving around.  

13 hours ago, pandabear42 said:

which headphones do you recommend for listening to music that are under $200? i mostly want music to sound like an artist intends it to. i mainly care about the sound quality of vocals (especially female) and bass. i usually listen to pop and rap. if these features dont sacrifice sound quality, id also like them to be noise cancelling or isolating, be compatible with Bluetooth adapters, and not fall off easily from moving around.  

What will you be doing while you are using these headphones?  If you will be at home sitting, hard to go wrong with  Grado SR80e at $99. But if you are walking/running/flying for main use the requirements become different for a good choice. Added capabilities limit your choices, drive cost up to get same SQ

as a standard headphone.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

11 hours ago, davide256 said:

What will you be doing while you are using these headphones?  If you will be at home sitting, hard to go wrong with  Grado SR80e at $99. But if you are walking/running/flying for main use the requirements become different for a good choice. Added capabilities limit your choices, drive cost up to get same SQ

as a standard headphone.

usually at home standing and laying down, or lifting weights, but i'd like it if they had noise cancelling or isolation.  would they sound much worse with that?

12 hours ago, pandabear42 said:

usually at home standing and laying down, or lifting weights, but i'd like it if they had noise cancelling or isolation.  would they sound much worse with that?

Exercise (sweat and range of motion) can be hard on headphones. So you don't want a wired connection, nor do you want ear pads. In ear bluetooth headphones should

work well for isolation but to get good sound both your source and player need to support the newer standards for bluetooth. What bluetooth enabled source would you use?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system