IGNORED

The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, yyz said:

It may do streaming via a unique batch mode digital data delivery mechanism, like a printer or other computer file transfer mechanisms. This batch mode is only for USB

I have no idea what you just said in here. As long as you know you would need a streamer for the Luxman D-10x, it’s all good. The Tambaqui has a streamer built in, which is Roon Ready certified. That was all my point. Sorry if I sounded confused.

The DAC in Luxman D-10x is brand new. No other Luxman has it. Even the chip is made from a company that I had never heard it before. So, if you are looking for opinions on that, you have to wait until people you know and trust  try it. Or better yet, try it for yourself. Any comparison/ opinion from other Luxman models is irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, yyz said:

I live close to Los Angeles, so I have access to the some of the very best audio stores in the USA. My Luxman store is Excel Audio in Newport Beach. I am not sure if Mike Rose at Excel has the Luxman D-10x yet but I may have a listen if the Tambaqui home demo does not result in a buy decision. I heard the older Luxman D-8u DAC in a m900u/c900u stack and it was pretty amazing.

Yes please, let us know how this goes, and what you ultimately end up getting