IGNORED

VOLT+ D channel imbalance

even when i switched the gain of the amp, there was no change

the volume didn't even change when switched from the 20 to the 26db positions & the gain switch on amp 2 is broken :-(

obviously the qc is non existent ... extremely disappointing as i've heard good things about this amp

changing the gain switches while the unit is under power/energized has no effect ... the amp needs to "re-boot" & only knows what the gain is when it is energized

it is my opinion that these gain switches, based on my experience, need to be re-designed/changed because they do not reliably operate properly. sometimes the gain changes, sometimes it doesn't :-(

also, when i look at the solder on the bottom of the board, they are not "shiny" like they're supposed to be & i believe that these "cold" solder joints will mechanically fail in the future :-(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I had the same problem and was advised by support to use a drop of isopropyl alcohol to clean the gain switch.  Had some electrical contact cleaner on hand so used that instead.  Sprayed a small amount into the switch.  Moved the switch left and right.  Powered up.  Problem solved.  Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...