Advieira

Best alternatives LPSU to Paul Hynes SR7

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Lebouwsky said:

You might be interested in the results coming up in the improved hdplex200w 4 rail psu, including full lineair power to atx connector if you have a motherboard based server.

Hdplex was my first option. But the seller does not answer my email requests. The website is saying its out of stock in USA.

20 minutes ago, Advieira said:

The website is saying its out of stock in USA.

HDPLEX recently said they expect more USA stock of their 200W LPS at the end of February.

Innuos Zenith SE --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> ISO REGEN/LPS-1.2 --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, Lebouwsky said:

It's because of a holliday according to Larry

Chinese New Year Feb 5-19 is a huge deal there.

Innuos Zenith SE --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> ISO REGEN/LPS-1.2 --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Focal CMS50's 

30 minutes ago, rickca said:

Chinese New Year Feb 5-19 is a huge deal there.

Ah that makes sence. Larry is Chinese I suppose. Great guy to do business with btw, open for personal adjustments and communicates fast and comprehensive.

14 hours ago, Lebouwsky said:

If I understand you correctly you have forseen this risk and modded the psu to your standard.

If I were in your position I’d at least have mentioned safety is an issue with this unit, so all can decide for themselves if they’re willing to take that risk.

Thanks for sharing btw @Superdad

I did not build one because of any foreseen risk - I could not buy a built unit that met my needs so I built one that did.  I certainly could not foresee the insides of the unit Supdad bought!

On 1/25/2019 at 10:21 PM, wanta911 said:

With a few links in the chain all requiring 5V, I think it's about where I have my different power supplies. So after some trial & error I've settled on the following, at least for the time being:

•  Digione Signature (clean side) - LPS 1.2
  •  MiniDSP DDRC-22D - SBooster (without Ultra add on)
  •  Chord Qutest - Studer LPS

I would describe my setup as probably a touch on the warm side usually and having it this way just sounds a bit cleaner/punchier in the mid bass without getting too tight or dry. The thing is that if I use something else on the DS other than the excellent LPS 1.2 then I get some of that mid bass haziness back, so it's definitely about the sum of all parts.

Off topic:

Try to put a good LPS on the dirty side of your Digione Signature too. You would be surprised. 

I am not a diyer and not a tech guy, but I have listened to many LPSs used by my friends for their CAS gadgets in Hong Kong.

Sad to say that most of the cheap LPS from Mainland China are ...

IMHO the two LPS which give good sound and have good c/p ratios are Keces P8 and HDPlex 200W (new version).

However if for the best sonic performance I will choose either Uptone Audio JS-2 or Clones Audio Power Station Deluxe version.

They give the most musical sound when used on CAS components.

8 hours ago, CKKeung said:

I am not a diyer and not a tech guy, but I have listened to many LPSs used by my friends for their CAS gadgets in Hong Kong.

Sad to say that most of the cheap LPS from Mainland China are ...

IMHO the two LPS which give good sound and have good c/p ratios are Keces P8 and HDPlex 200W (new version).

However if for the best sonic performance I will choose either Uptone Audio JS-2 or Clones Audio Power Station Deluxe version.

They give the most musical sound when used on CAS components.

Hi @CKKeung,

I've been following and enjoying your sNH-G10 thread over at WBF with interest. Well, I'm following it with interest but not sure I'm enjoying the sNH-G10 times 2 part 😳

But I've also read your commentary on the Clones Audio Powerstation Deluxe and am intrigued. There's also a UK dealer I've dealt with before and liked so that adds to the attraction.

If you don't mind me asking do you have a single output Powerstation or a double? And any thoughts on how much of a sonic penalty there is in going double output versus single?

Many Thanks,

Alan

AudioLinux NUCi7DNKE server (powered by SPS-500) > AudioLinux NUCi7DNBE endpoint (powered by LPS-1.2) > PS Audio Directstream DAC > Hegel P20 Pre > PS Audio M700 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers