IGNORED

Best alternatives LPSU to Paul Hynes SR7

Hello! I gave up trying to order a SR7. Whats the best alternative options to it?

Who among you had the opportunity to listen or even compare the Mojo Illuminatti V3 or Reference TLS with the SR7? The values are similar, .I wonder if they are on the same level.

For comparison purposes I am thinking to replace my SPS500 to power Sotm Combo.

image.thumb.png.c90609ec76b2ca62a207c31d7c3cbf24.png  image.thumb.png.5c8c2c79c7b4f86ac7e89bb8fc4eed99.png

3 hours ago, alvin sawdust said:

For years now I have used Sean Jacobs at Custom Hifi Cables here in the uk for all my linear psu needs. He is really easy to deal with and his work is spot on.

+1

He designs / supplies the power for Innuos, including the new Statement.

I got in touch with Sean Jacobs, BenJamin (Mojo) and Adrian (Linear Solution).

All have the same price level with PH SR7.

And since I live in Brazil where money is not born in a tree and I can not test, I need to listen to as many opinions as possible to make a decision without mistakes.

For all I learned in C.A. I know that a LPS occupies a privileged place in the importance of SQ. And I believe that if I have an SR7 level LPS supplying to the SOTM Trio (SMS200ultra, TXUltra and SnH-10G), with the Mac Mini or NUC running room in ram mode headless, I think there would be a monster source/transport path.

While I can not offer a direct comparison to Paul Hynes’, I have used a HD Plex 200W, which offers multiple rails, for nearly 2 years and have found it stable and

dependable.  I also have a music server computer housed in an HD Plex case; the case offers inputs to power the motherboard from one rail and the SSDs with another.

The company provides good customer service.  

It's very good but most don't like them it's not a name brand a shame really. Value is there and his new 200 is very good too. 

Wait and see replies lol. I build snd test lps his is good snd Paul hynes is name from the past snd while he is a nice man who has time to wait years for a simple lps really 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:55 PM, ALRAINBOW said:

It's very good but most don't like them it's not a name brand a shame really. Value is there and his new 200 is very good too. 

Wait and see replies lol. I build snd test lps his is good snd Paul hynes is name from the past snd while he is a nice man who has time to wait years for a simple lps really 

What is the meaning of snd?

Would you mind describe the differences between the new 200 and the old 200?

Thanks.

I have an SR7 in the queue I'm thinking of forgetting about so I've started looking at the other options available out there...I used to have a Kenneth Lau Signature Edition, I think this is one you could add to your list. Has anyone compared the Kenneth Lau PSU to PH SR7 / Uptone Audio.... ?

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

50 minutes ago, ClothEars said:

This linear power supply is brilliant.  Don’t be put off by the cheap price and Chinese build.  It performs far better than many exotic and expensive brands out there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/STUDER900-Regulator-linear-power-supply-DC12V-2-5A-30W-tube-Preamplifier-Audio-Decoder-Professional-Power-Adapter/32822732608.html

To which power supplies have you compared it to?

On 12/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, ALRAINBOW said:

How does the hdplex 200w compare to, for example, an uptone js-2 or lps1.2?

If performance is that good, it would be a great affortable alternative for sps500 and lps1, so Thanks for that @ClothEars. The same performance was told about the Chinese Teradak 30w 3 years a go. I bought 2   but never really liked them. The sps500 is far far better. 

Nonetheless it’s worth a try, but I’m not quite convinced yet for 2 reasons:

* although cheap, it still has an impact on the invironment (production, transport)

* I’m very conservative when it comes to import from China, but this is not a political forum, so enough said about that. Especially when quality is low.

But I’m not the pope, so I might pull the trigger if I can find more info to convince myself. Experience from users are more important to me than measurements.

3 hours ago, Lebouwsky said:

If performance is that good, it would be a great affortable alternative for sps500 and lps1, so Thanks for that @ClothEars. The same performance was told about the Chinese Teradak 30w 3 years a go. I bought 2   but never really liked them. The sps500 is far far better. 

Nonetheless it’s worth a try, but I’m not quite convinced yet for 2 reasons:

* although cheap, it still has an impact on the invironment (production, transport)

* I’m very conservative when it comes to import from China, but this is not a political forum, so enough said about that. Especially when quality is low.

But I’m not the pope, so I might pull the trigger if I can find more info to convince myself. Experience from users are more important to me than measurements.

You can check these out too: http://www.faradpowersupplies.com/

About the same price as a sps 500 and from the Netherlands.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:50 AM, ClothEars said:

This linear power supply is brilliant.  Don’t be put off by the cheap price and Chinese build.  It performs far better than many exotic and expensive brands out there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/STUDER900-Regulator-linear-power-supply-DC12V-2-5A-30W-tube-Preamplifier-Audio-Decoder-Professional-Power-Adapter/32822732608.html

There a single review with a low score of 1 - it isn't really clear what he's saying, but part of it is a complaint about the caps.

for $60 it is hard to go wrong...