IGNORED

Collaborative One Hit Wonders Playlist.

Sometimes it's hard to define a one hit wonder.  I think of mostly teen pop songs of the day like:

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Toni Basil - Mickey

Men without Hats - Safety Dance

Mostly 80's stuff above.  But I like, what I consider more deep cuts from bands that almost made it or had a few hits but never reached full rock star status in my opinion.

Aldo Nova - Fantasy

Shooting Star - Hollywood

L7 - Pretend that We're Dead

Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself

Then there's the 70s Deep cuts

Sammy Johns - Chevy Van

Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

I prefer the 70s and early 80s stuff the most, but that also reflects my age ?

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

4 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Merilee Rush - "Angel Of The Morning"

JC

Love that tune, although I grew up listening to Juice Newton's version.  Everytime I hear that song I put Dusty Springfield's - Son of a Preacher Man on the play next cue.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

6 hours ago, TubeLover said:

As usual, sphinxsix, you follow a path the rest of us can't see.

JC

Sometimes I also can't see it that clearly x-D

Ok, for me one of the bands that is a personification of 'one hit wonder' term is Europe and their 'The Final Countdown' (not my personal favorite though, I'll stick to 'So What' ;)).

1 hour ago, accwai said:

Albinoni - Adagio

You mean - Giazotto - Albinoni's Adagio.. :)

3 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are actually any classical one hit wonders? Certainly at least Vivaldi and Handel had more than one symphony that was a hit?

JC

Hooked on Classics  - Pts. 1-2 came close in the 80s.  I think my parents still have the album.  

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

IMO they're only "one hit wonders" to people that don't know Classical.

I don’t think that post was quite serious. 

When we talk about classical one hit wonders, Léo Delibes comes to mind. I challenge anybody to name anything but his flower duet (and the corresponding opera) without Wikipedia. 

9 hours ago, Teresa said:

[...] Handel, I always thought his Water Music and Music for the Royal Fireworks were quite popular not to mention dozens of other frequently recorded Handel works.

Transcription by Johan Halvorsen:

Speaking of collaborative: