IGNORED

how to permanently boot in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode

shinyc

This topic might have come up but if anyone knows, your help will be much appreciated. I am using Windows Server 2016 core mode. My XMOS driver does not have proper signature verification and every time I boot the machine, I have to press F8 to disable the driver signature enforcement. Very cumbersome when your PC is headless.  

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Hello

Did you install your Driver using our ServiceTool's DriverHelper feature? You should do so. As far as I know in Server 2016 you can no longer permanently disable the driver signature enforcment :( But installing your driver with the DriverHelper should do the trick.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil,

Thanks for stepping in. The DriverHelper did not do the trick. I did the act while the system was optimized. Should I do it after reverting to unoptimized state? Anyway, I did more googling and found a simpler solution. Just disable the "secure boot" option in the bios settings. Maybe there is a caveat but for now I think I am OK with this trick. Thank you for your support.

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

6 minutes ago, shinyc said:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for stepping in. The DriverHelper did not do the trick. I did the act while the system was optimized. Should I do it after reverting to unoptimized state? Anyway, I did more googling and found a simpler solution. Just disable the "secure boot" option in the bios settings. Maybe there is a caveat but for now I think I am OK with this trick. Thank you for your support.

Hi

Sorry i forgot about the Secure Boot option in BIOS. Yes of course that should help to fix this :) 

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks, Phil. Please keep up the great work. One request. Can you devise a way to store optimization profile so that we don't have to answer a whole bunch of questions that we are so familiar with (unless you did that on purpose)? Better yet, "restore previous" option ^^

Hi

You have the Settings Log where you can see all the settings you entered on your last run. But you still have to type them in manually, sorry. :(

You call the shots, boss ^^

On 12/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, AudioPhil said:

But you still have to type them in manually, sorry. :(

Pardon me, why is that? Sure it's a light nuissance but still a nuissance to have to go through all the preferences when you're setting up the system. Can it be automated somehow in the next release?

12 hours ago, moriez said:

Pardon me, why is that? Sure it's a light nuissance but still a nuissance to have to go through all the preferences when you're setting up the system. Can it be automated somehow in the next release?

Unfortunately it is not possible on the next release, sorry.