IGNORED

USBridge with Metrum Musette DAC

Hi

I just got a Metrum Musette DAC, and have problem in feeding its USB from USBridge. Volumio detects Metrum as hiFaceTWO UAC2, but no sound is out no matter I choose the output auto resampling rate to 44.1, 88.2, 96, 192kHz, etc.

The Metrum USB works well on Windows 10 with foobar2000 playing the same music,  so I suspect the problem is not on Metrum.

Anyone has experience on USBridge on Metrum DAC  may advice how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Regards

Matthew

Upgraded to v6.19.7.  if Metrum is connected to Sparky usb port, it plays music.  If it is connected to USBridge usb port, there is no music .  Logon Dietpi found whatever change the sound card option to either usb-dac or usb-dac-1.1 it automatically changed back to "none"!

Tried follow some thread in web,  ssh and modify /DietPi/uEnv.txt to 

aotg.urb_fix=0

aotg.aotg1_speed=1

does not help.

aplay -l does not show the USBridge at all.

@allo.com please do you have any suggestion?  Thanks.

Regards,

Mat

On 12/14/2018 at 10:50 PM, cantonna7 said:

Tested dietpi on Sparky alone without USBridge , usb works can play music to Metrum.

So the problem is on Volumio... Please does Allo support team have any clue to fix the issue? Thanks.

Mat

the Dac works with Sparky USB ports and not works on USBridge port. chances the port power may be failed.

check  lsusb

regarding Volumio , latest driver updates need to update through terminal from below link.

https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dsd-marantz

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 2 weeks later...

Not answering the question, but be aware that Musette's USB input is seen as a 24-bit capable (or is it 32? - don't remember) UAC-2 device. The Transient chip inside the Musette is 16-bit, when resampling it is important to dither to 16 bits for the best sound quality. I had issues with some Linux based systems that would think the Musette is a 24-bit device based on the advertised USB board capabilities and dither to 24 bits, which causes word truncation at the DAC and in turn increases distortion.