IGNORED

MiniBoss Player Plus

Hello

I ordered one of these but am struggling to get it going. Now I'm wondering if the Raspberry Pi Zero this ships with has WIFI. Do I need an adapter? I have reflashed the card with the latest version of Volumio but nothing appears in the WIFI list even after waiting more than 20 mins.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Owen

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, macandrew said:

did anyone get a solution to this? I've also just received my MiniBoss Player Plus and can't see the Volume WiFi network.

Mini boss player booted properly?

After booting mini boss player you need to scan WiFi in your laptop or mobile ,then volumio hotspot will list as volumio in your laptop or in mobile while scanning.then you need to connect it using password volumio2.

Then Connect to the unit by typing this default IP in your browser: 192.168.211.1 or use
http://volumio.local  and  you need to configure your wifi network in volumio

You can find mini boss player setup guide for volumio from below link.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/Cno0LVQt1dGaSJ9bwzVPGX3QpSpeJUqleMeuXpltNiF

Forwarded PM also please check

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue. As suggested by macandrew, I reinstalled Volumio, and it now boots up and is working fine. There is an updated version of Volumio at the Volumio site, so I used that and not the version in the link supplied. 

Nick

• 3 months later...

Hi

I just received my MiniBoss Player Plus, and am having the same issue as others in this thread. I do not see the WiFi hotspot. I tried reflashing with both MoodeAudio and Volumio and still nothing. 

I have the one power supply connected and do see a static green and red light on

7 hours ago, Rashroff said:

Hi

I just received my MiniBoss Player Plus, and am having the same issue as others in this thread. I do not see the WiFi hotspot. I tried reflashing with both MoodeAudio and Volumio and still nothing. 

I have the one power supply connected and do see a static green and red light on

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 months later...

Also having the same problem. Just got my MiniBoss Player Plus and can't see the wifi hotspot no matter what I try. I've tried reflashing Volumio twice now, and I've scanned for it on my Android phone as well as my PC. Also tried to access it using the Volumio app from my phone and installing Bonjour on my PC just in case.

As others have mentioned, I have the solid green and red lights on, have waited several hours, and have obviously rebooted a few times now. I assume there's a good reason the solution hasn't been posted directly in this thread, but it's kind of frustrating...

7 hours ago, gecko said:

Also having the same problem. Just got my MiniBoss Player Plus and can't see the wifi hotspot no matter what I try. I've tried reflashing Volumio twice now, and I've scanned for it on my Android phone as well as my PC. Also tried to access it using the Volumio app from my phone and installing Bonjour on my PC just in case.

As others have mentioned, I have the solid green and red lights on, have waited several hours, and have obviously rebooted a few times now. I assume there's a good reason the solution hasn't been posted directly in this thread, but it's kind of frustrating...

The Mini boss player is booted properly?

The RED LED is glowing and GREEN LED should flicker occasionally while booting the OS - indicates the device is booting properly.(Read/Write LED (GREEN) on RPI board is  not flickering means ,OS is not booted properly)

After booting mini boss player you need to scan WiFi in your laptop or mobile ,then volumio hotspot will list as volumio in your laptop or in mobile while scanning.then you need to connect it using password volumio2.

Then Connect to the unit by typing this default IP in your browser: 192.168.211.1 or use
http://volumio.local  and  you need to configure your wifi network in volumio

22 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

The Mini boss player is booted properly?

The RED LED is glowing and GREEN LED should flicker occasionally while booting the OS - indicates the device is booting properly.(Read/Write LED (GREEN) on RPI board is  not flickering means ,OS is not booted properly)

I finally pieced together the issue, and while I feel fairly stupid, I can't find any documentation on it even after the fact... so in case anyone else runs in to this problem (or Audio_Allo if you might consider updating your documentation):

- The Volt+ has a red LED and a green LED, but there are also 2 red LEDs on the miniBOSS and one (yellow? hard to tell as I'm colorblind) LED on the PiZero. I only ever saw documentation about 2 LEDs, so I assumed the ones on my Volt+ board were the only ones I needed to worry about.

- The miniBOSS Player Plus claims to be plug and play, but it only comes with 1 power supply (for the Volt+), and it actually needs 2 power supplies. I realize all of Allo's other configurations have separate power feeds for the DAC/Pi and the amp because they are sold as separate boards... but I mistakenly understood that the miniBOSS Player Plus powered the DAC/Pi from the Volt+ power line (because that's the only power supply option it ships with). So I couldn't find the wifi hotspot because the Pi wasn't even on.

One semi-related piece of feedback, I had a heck of a time finding cables that would fit the openings on the case - 2 different miniHDMI cables (while I was trying to troubleshoot) and 5 microUSB cables (trying to power the Pi) that I had around the house, and all of them have housings around the plug that are too large to fit through the case to access the headers.