IGNORED

Ripped CD via Sofware vs Manual Copy/Paste File Differences

6 hours ago, diecaster said:

The AccurateRip database has over 3.9 million unique disks in it. It has over 2 million keys disks that can be used to calculate read offset. The database has registered over 351 million accurate rips. There are 4477 drives in the database and there are 359142 users participating.

Nice. But here need more details. Including details about correctness probabilites fo all these "4477 drives" and ? rippers in each version.

9 hours ago, diecaster said:

If you are are unwilling to take the time to learn how AccurateRip actually works and why it is a reliable verification system, you should stop posting in any thread that discusses how to get the best and most accurate rips.

May be you read something at AccurateRip site.

Do you really think, that you know enough, how to works multiple software, that other people designed?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

6 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I am a bit of an expert who can estimate your knowledge in probability theory.

I lIke that you think, that you expert in probability theory.

Take one of my formulas and analize it right now.

WARNING: there is need to be expert in CD-audio too.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

6 hours ago, tmtomh said:

I have not designed a ripper and I am not a programmer of the checksum database - but this is irrelevant, and you know it

All clear.

6 hours ago, kumakuma said:

You claim to be an expert in ripping issues but your software tells a different story.

I compared it to XLD here on my Mac with the same CD and found the following:

-  It is many times slower than XLD

I like that we discuss certain things now.

If you are expert in rippers you should know, why it so and why it need.

And what happens, if reduce the time.

There is elementary answer, if you learned programming code or read about secure ripping of some rippers though.

There is @Ralf11 said, that he expert who able to estimate my knowledges. Ask him.

- There appears to be no indication in the log file as to whether or not the CD was correctly ripped or not

Really? There detailed information is displayed: you know where and see what is error there for each sample of each track.

Shift demo window after ripping.

visual-track-error-panel.png

Read details: https://samplerateconverter.com/cd-ripper/visual-cd-rip-error-display

- It accesses the drive in a herky-jerky manner which will probably cause excessive wear and tear on the drive

Learn stuff about other rippers and secure ripping. Try plays with settings. Probably, you are wondered.

If you are expert, you should know why it need.

Practically, I don't noticed any ripping impact to multiple and multiple ripped test CD kit.

Let's ask expert @Ralf11 or learn rippers yourself.

Your user interface also needs serious attention.

Write details, please.

34 minutes ago, audiventory said:

Nice. But here need more details. Including details about correctness probabilites fo all these "4477 drives" and ? rippers in each version.

This just goes to show that you have no idea what you are talking about. The "correctness probabilities" don't matter. AccurateRip is a verification system. I could rip with a terrible drive that is inaccurate 10% of the time, but, as long as the checksums match what is in the AccurateRip database, I know that I am getting a perfect rip.

You see, one of the beautiful things about using AccurateRip is that drive quality is much less important. It doesn't have to read the disc accurately every time. It just has to read it accurately most of the time.

4 minutes ago, diecaster said:

I could rip with a terrible drive that is inaccurate 10% of the time, but, as long as the checksums match what is in the AccurateRip database, I know that I am getting a perfect rip

It doesn't have to read the disc accurately every time. It just has to read it accurately most of the time.

Common words without figures.

Discussion is cycled.

Help @kumakuma to answer my questions for experts.

3 minutes ago, diecaster said:

You won't even try to understand how AccurateRip works so you don't understand how the verification systems works.

Do you really designed or programmed AccurateRip?

Or you just have read its site something?

Just now, audiventory said:

Do you really designed or programmed AccurateRip?

Or you just read its site something?

How many different logical fallacies are you going to use to try to dismiss what I say?

I have explained several times how the AccurateRip verification system works. You have yet to explain how it doesn't work.So tell us why the system does not work. Explain it point by point.

So tell us why the system does not work.

I never told that it don't work. I don't know the system figures.

I have explained several times how the AccurateRip verification system works.

It was big research?

It's fine. Just show us methodics and protocols.

1 hour ago, audiventory said:

Really? There detailed information is displayed: you know where and see what is error there for each sample of each track.

Shift demo window after ripping.

visual-track-error-panel.png

Read details: https://samplerateconverter.com/cd-ripper/visual-cd-rip-error-display

It is NOT possible to see this information in the demo version I downloaded today from your website.

After ripping the following screen appears:

1775611635_ScreenShot2018-12-21at9_34_37PM.thumb.png.da8a3272de51fd46313d35800f3663a0.png

After you press the "OK" button, the following screen appears:

1399095296_ScreenShot2018-12-21at9_34_58PM.thumb.png.ad43946e796273e49ca151745ea0df84.png

Closing this window causes the program to quit and the information on whether the rip completed accurately is lost forever.

Note this is just one example of the user interface issues your software has.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

18 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

It is NOT possible to see this information in the demo version I downloaded today from your website. 

After ripping the following screen appears:

All correct.

I wrote, what need take and move demo window. After ripping, interface show table with ripping results under log.

Though, in demo really no access to track ripping result visualization. You are right.

Probably, in further versions I'll remove closing of application after demo window closing.

18 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Note this is just one example of the user interface issues your software has.

Tell me about other issues, please.

20 minutes ago, audiventory said:

Tell me about other issues, please.

Sorry, I don't have the time to go through your program and list all of the interface issues.

You really need to hire someone who is a native speaker of English to review all of the messages and menus in your program as well as the contents of your website.

At the same time, consider updating your website.

WordPress combined with a good theme like GeneratePress would allow you to easily create an attractive website that you can manage yourself without the need for a web developer.

34 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Sorry, I don't have the time to go through your program and list all of the interface issues.

Ok. If you'll have time, write me.

34 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

WordPress combined with a good theme like GeneratePress would allow you to easily create an attractive website that you can manage yourself without the need for a web developer. 

I use Drupal and custom theme. Standatd themes may be not so responsible (time of site opening, that impact to rank of site and view page time, that impact to the rank too).

But good design is very important too.

12 hours ago, audiventory said:

If you think, that me need "go back and actually learn so that you understand why you are wrong", it is not mean that it is true. I can give same advice.

Why you think, what you know more, than I, in rippers?

I don't. I understand how AccurateRip works and you apparently refuse to understand it or are deliberately providing false info. 

The truth is that if you market a competing product to dbpoweramp/accuraterip you are violating forum rules by making the repeated comments about the competing software. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

I understand how AccurateRip works and you apparently refuse to understand it or are deliberately providing false info. 

You understand how to work software, that you never designed, wrote and debuged or seriously research?

It is too optimize claim for any experienced engineer/programmer/manager, who works with a complex project, even.

May be you just read at AccurateRip site how it works and rip number disks?

1 hour ago, firedog said:

The truth is that if you market a competing product to dbpoweramp/accuraterip you are violating forum rules by making the repeated comments about the competing software. 

"you are violating forum rules" looks like way to remove opponent in argue when no other arguments.

I discuss concept, not software.

I says that the concept neither good nor bad.

Me only need new information about the concept.

Do you understand it?

17 minutes ago, audiventory said:

You understand how to work software, that you never designed, wrote and debuged or seriously research?

It is too optimize claim for any experienced engineer/programmer/manager, who works with a complex project, even.

None of that is relevant to the issue being discussed. 

18 minutes ago, audiventory said:

you are violating forum rules" looks like way to remove opponent in argue when no other arguments.

No. Just simply pointing out that a user with a commercial interest shouldn't be saying competitors products don't work properly. Software/HW manufacturers here aren't even supposed to talk about their own products unless asked. Product promotion is for sponsored forums. Or start a thread just about your product. But even there you shouldn't be making negative comments about a competing product. 

18 minutes ago, audiventory said:

I discuss concept, not software.

And when discussing concept you manage to say a competing product doesn't work properly. So another irrelevant point of yours. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 minutes ago, firedog said:

Just simply pointing out that a user with a commercial interest shouldn't be saying competitors products don't work properly.

Where I said this?

Hi @The Computer Audiophile I never say it.

If somebody think, that, I'm wrong, let's him show quote (with link). May be I'm really wrong there.

But I'm very careful about my competitors always.

Sweet Jesus!

I stepped away from this thread for a few days and it appears to have blown up a bit since then.

Thanks to all who have contributed. I've got some reading to do to catch up.

At first glance so far though, it appears there is no concern with using AccurateRip based on the replies. That was my main concern as I didn't want any precious musical content being tossed because it doesn't match the online DB.

I did do some comparison listening tests between the two ripping approaches mentioned earlier and couldn't hear any difference between the files. I even tried to do it as blind as possible by creating a playlist in ROON with all the files in it and setting it to Random.

I did find one alternative ripping App for Ubuntu that so far seems pretty decent. I'll report back once on that software once I finishing reading thru the replies here.

Thanks again

22 minutes ago, cjf said:

I did do some comparison listening tests between the two ripping approaches mentioned earlier and couldn't hear any difference between the files. I even tried to do it as blind as possible by creating a playlist in ROON with all the files in it and setting it to Random.

Not surprising. Rips either match what's on the CD or they don't.