IGNORED

Article: New Limited Edition McIntosh System

Too bad the preamp doesn't have a built in DAC. I guess that's what their high end dac is for. I wonder if it integrates well with this preamp.

I actually really like the new power amp too. Nice design change from the 275. More power than the 275. Classy looks. I will be curious to see what the non LE version ends up selling for.

As a McIntosh owner, these are true eye candy. Wish I had the funds and space to do a simple dedicated 2 channel setup with this duo.

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

• 4 weeks later...

I find the 70th Anniversary Amplifier to be not a classical McIntosh look and further more not my taste. Looks like they married some cues from Prima Luna and Audio Research and combined them inconsistently. The specs of the MC2152 are rather impressive and I am confident it sounds stellar. I prefer the classic look of the 50th Anniversary Amplifier MC2000.

However I do like the C70 preamplifier.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

-George Orwell