IGNORED

Bower and Wilkins Society of Sound still alive?

Okay, going on the assumption that the Society of Sound is still in operation, how do I begin a subscription? I used one of the links provided above to create an account at B&W, however, no matter what I do, even clicking on Society of Sound, I can find no way to access it, or add a subscription to my account. Any help would be appreciated.

JC

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email from BW saying that they're not taking subscriptions for Society of Sound.  No info on whether they will in the future.  If they were ending SoS, I'd think they would have removed the pages from their site.  It's possible they're having licensing issues and have stopped downloads until they clear it up, but I'm just guessing. I hope SoS continues, it's a great way to discover new music for a small investment.  

• 3 weeks later...

This just came in:

It has been ten years since the formation of Bowers & Wilkins Society of Sound - a monthly destination to listen to, discover and discuss music delivered in beautiful high-resolution quality. We’re proud to have shared over 120 releases with subscribers who appreciate great sound.

From the beginning, John Bowers dreamed of bringing the experience and emotion of a live symphony to homes. To this day, we deliver products and services that bring people closer to the original musical performance. While our ambition will never change,  the methods and means to access and enjoy music have changed greatly over the last decade. It is with this in mind and after much consideration that we have decided to end the Society of Sound program, effective March 31, 2019. The February edition will arrive tomorrow, followed by a final edition in March. Please download all albums included in your subscription by March 31 as they will no longer be available past that date.

The end...

----------------

Important Announcement about
Society of Sound program

It has been ten years since the formation of Bowers & Wilkins Society of Sound - a monthly destination to listen to, discover and discuss music delivered in beautiful high-resolution quality. We’re proud to have shared over 120 releases with subscribers who appreciate great sound.

From the beginning, John Bowers dreamed of bringing the experience and emotion of a live symphony to homes. To this day, we deliver products and services that bring people closer to the original musical performance. While our ambition will never change,  the methods and means to access and enjoy music have changed greatly over the last decade. It is with this in mind and after much consideration that we have decided to end the Society of Sound program, effective March 31, 2019. The February edition will arrive tomorrow, followed by a final edition in March. Please download all albums included in your subscription by March 31 as they will no longer be available past that date.

For those with subscriptions that continue past March 31, we will include details in the March delivery of how we will service these Society of Sound members.

We are dedicated to continue creating new ways to deepen the joyful experience of music.

Sincerely,
Bowers & Wilkins

Michael