IGNORED

Bower and Wilkins Society of Sound still alive?

Hi,

I subscribed to B&W society of sound until 2014. I wanted to check it again, but it seems the yearly subscription with 2 albums per month is not available anymore?

I can find the page to subscribe here: https://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Subscribe.html

But t seems to work only for 3 months if you register a new product?

Does anyone have a current working subscription?

G.

9 hours ago, Gregory said:

Hi,

I subscribed to B&W society of sound until 2014. I wanted to check ti again, but it seems the yearly subscription with 2 albums per month is not available anymore?

I can find the page to subscribe here: https://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Subscribe.html

But t seems to work only for 3 months if you register a new product?

Does anyone have a current working subscription?

G.

My subscription expired in September and to be honest I hadn't  noticed... too much going on.  I just called them to see what is happening and at the moment they are not taking on new subscribers and did not seem entirely clear whether the service would be continuing the service or not.... It would be a real shame if they did not continue as they provide a great mix of music which perhaps would be difficult to find otherwise...

Stereo Source: Auralic Aries + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Surround Source: Windows PC

Pre-amp: Mark Levinson ML380s, Anthem D2v

Speakers: ATC SCM50A (L/R/C), C4 (Sub), SCM20-2A (LR,RR)

21 hours ago, ddetaey said:

I do, and 2 new albums were available for download just last week.

However, living in Belgium, I am accessing SoS  via B&W's europe website

https://www.bowers-wilkins.eu/Login.aspx?redirectto=/your_account

I tried the EU website, no subscription possible at the moment.

15 hours ago, paul_riordan said:

at the moment they are not taking on new subscribers and did not seem entirely clear whether the service would be continuing the service or not.... It would be a real shame if they did not continue as they provide a great mix of music which perhaps would be difficult to find otherwise...

That's the explanation. Thanks, Paul. $60 for 24 albums of good quality was a pretty good deal, That's one reason I wanted to give it another try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, paul_riordan said:

My subscription expired in September and to be honest I hadn't  noticed... too much going on.  I just called them to see what is happening and at the moment they are not taking on new subscribers and did not seem entirely clear whether the service would be continuing the service or not.... It would be a real shame if they did not continue as they provide a great mix of music which perhaps would be difficult to find otherwise...

This is unfortunate. I recently accessed the website and could find no way to join. Now I understand why. I would be really interested in the music they provided with Peter Gabriel playing a part in choosing them. Hopefully they do decide to eventually allow new subscribers. 

JC

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, brucknerdoc said:

Weird...

If I go to that login page, after I enter my info I'm taken to an account page - on the right side is a "society" link that takes me to a page of the downloads.

Just downloaded the most recent albums today...

You're just messing with me, aren't you?