IGNORED

PlayClassics TRT Sound master file giveaway for CA members

I've been able to listen to the From Russia With Love and Evening with Riera recordings.  Both are really good piano recordings, and I am a big fan of classical and jazz piano.  Probably half of my listening is to solo piano recordings.  I'm not sure I can articulately  describe the differences from your earlier piano recordings.  Those were terrific too, but these new ones seem to emerge from a blacker background and the bass register of the instrument in particular seems incredibly rich -- for example, in some of the Nutcracker movements.  The piano sound is quite palpable and beautifully focused.  I'm not sure if it is the new piano, new recording techniques, different pianists or all three.  Anyway, these are excellent recordings!

3 hours ago, kschac said:

I've been able to listen to the From Russia With Love and Evening with Riera recordings.  Both are really good piano recordings, and I am a big fan of classical and jazz piano.  Probably half of my listening is to solo piano recordings.  I'm not sure I can articulately  describe the differences from your earlier piano recordings.  Those were terrific too, but these new ones seem to emerge from a blacker background and the bass register of the instrument in particular seems incredibly rich -- for example, in some of the Nutcracker movements.  The piano sound is quite palpable and beautifully focused.  I'm not sure if it is the new piano, new recording techniques, different pianists or all three.  Anyway, these are excellent recordings!

Thank you Ken for your feedback. I appreciate it :)

The recording setup is exactly the same on all albums (old and new) so none of the differences you hear should be due to different recording techniques.

The only thing that is different is the piano itself and its position on the stage. The new piano is a larger piano and it does have a much richer bass. It is also placed up front on the stage so if you were sitting in our hall it would actually be closer to you. It seems like what you are hearing is consistent with what we are doing in the actual hall (and that is a good thing because that is usually not the case)

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

17 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Is this a new recording from the first offered a while back?

Back then we had 6 albums that we offered with calibration 2.0

We now have 12 albums plus we have further developed our calibration to try to improve transparency. The new albums have been recorded using a new piano. All 12 albums are now processed with calibration 2.0a.

Mario Martínez

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I would like to give you an update to what we have been doing so far:

Some people contacted us privately to give us very detailed feedback. The good thing is many of these people have been listening to our calibrations from the beginning (they can play all our different calibrations on their systems). That allowed them to A/B compare all those calibrations over the different instruments to let us know which instrument sounded best on which calibration. These kind of feedback is very helpful for us because it does give us a very good sense of what is going on.

We have used all that information to develop a new calibration 2.0b. This new calibration is just a fine-tuning of 2.0a but we think it does make a difference.  We have update our web page with this new calibration.

I know all these "updating" can get tiresome, but if there is still someone "out there" willing to try I would love to share these new material with you again :)

Mario Martínez

• 3 weeks later...

.Congratulations Mario!

I missed out on the last round of testing but I'm sure you guys are going to do a great job.  It's refreshing to see you do all of this in light of all the nonsense some parties in the recording industry have been pushing out.

Wishing you all the best and thank you for including us in your research.   It was a very enjoyable learning experience. 

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

5 hours ago, danadam said:

I get "The playlist does not exist."

We had to erase the videos because someone reported the channel. Apparently under Spanish law we are not allowed to use videos from other record labels to make these A/B comparison demos.

We are trying to figure out a workaround on this problem. I will let you know as soon as we have something that we can work with...

Mario Martínez

On 12/18/2018 at 4:33 AM, Mario Martinez said:

If the calibration is right, what you see on the recordings should match what you see on the sketches.

In other words, all the instruments on all these recordings should be rendered by your systems in a way that their relative position to one another matches the position of the physical instruments on the stage.

What is the separation distance between the two mics? And how far were microphones placed from the centre of the stage? 

1 hour ago, STC said:

What is the separation distance between the two mics? And how far were microphones placed from the centre of the stage? 

Distance.png.946f97db1d20e465352a6095bc7f45bb.png

We have used two different pianos in two different positions.

The black piano was the one we used for:

- Debussy Preludes. book 1

- Chopin Polish Songs.

- Albeniz Iberia

- Songs of Paolo Tosti

- Cabrera plays Debussy

- Conversations.

The distance from the mics to the center of the soundboard was 3.7 meters

The brown piano was the one we used for:

- An evening with Riera

- From Russia with love

- Mozart - Beethoven Wind Quintets

- Goldberg Variations

- Ad astra

The distance from the mics to the center of the soundboard was 2.8meters

The mic arrangement is standard ORTF (110º angel, 17 centimeters apart)

Mario Martínez

Thank you. ( the reaction button is not working for your post)

From your other diagrams posted elsewhere in other thread, the soundstage is roughly about 60 degrees. Correct?

Perhaps, you could add the arrangement details in each album. It will be useful for some to setup their system. It is not often we get a chance to interact with the producer of an album to know exactly what the recording engineer hear for us to reproduce the same. 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, Mario Martinez said:

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that we have concluded the development of our acoustic research project. The current and final calibration version is 2.0b

All the albums in our catalog (we currently have 12 albums) have been updated with this version and we have proceeded to publish them on all the internet stores (Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.)

To show the results of our development we have made some demonstration videos where we compare the sound quality of our methodology (TRT Sound) with the sound quality of conventional recordings.

Here you have a link to the YouTube playlist where you will find 30 comparison videos of PlayClassics vs Warner, Naxos, Decca, Harmonia Mundi, Deutsche Grammophon and many others ...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNtta5SvxB1IprJFJdTXkYOrZDIWNMS7_

I hope you enjoy them. Thank you very much for your help, your feedback has been key to the development of this project.

Hello Mario -

I have been attending local chamber music concerts for the past year.  (There are some quite good performers, including a Van Cliburn competition winner.)  My usual seat is onstage, about 15-20 feet from the performers.

I think from this I've got a pretty good idea how strings and pianos sound "live."  Your recordings seem as close to the live sound as any others I've heard, and closer than most.  Wonderful job.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:17 AM, danadam said:

I get "The playlist does not exist."

We have figured out a way to make this A/B comparisons without us having to edit any videos.

You can see the comparison demos here: http://www.musicstry.com/trtsound

The page will directly compare both official YouTube videos (ours and the one you choose)

Mario Martínez

On 2/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mario Martinez said:

We have figured out a way to make this A/B comparisons without us having to edit any videos.

You can see the comparison demos here: http://www.musicstry.com/trtsound

The page will directly compare both official YouTube videos (ours and the one you choose)

I am getting a "video not available" error message.  Is there a geography restriction on the videos?

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

5 hours ago, Nikhil said:

I am getting a "video not available" error message.  Is there a geography restriction on the videos?

You should be able to see them from anywhere. These are the "official" Youtube videos published by the distributors themselves. Our page is just playing a back and forward between them so you can compare.

the addess of the page is www.musicstry.com/trtsound

Mario Martínez

51 minutes ago, Mario Martinez said:

You should be able to see them from anywhere. These are the "official" Youtube videos published by the distributors themselves. Our page is just playing a back and forward between them so you can compare.

the addess of the page is www.musicstry.com/trtsound

Screenshot.jpg.5c10b572ef2a393a5af7e8987b69c544.jpg

4 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Screenshot.jpg.5c10b572ef2a393a5af7e8987b69c544.jpg

I see...

I do not know why this is happening. The pics are just links to official YouTube generated videos (they are not my videos) I just tried and I can open all of them here.

You could try these direct links see if they work that might give us a clue as to what is going on:

https://youtu.be/wbS49ggB5uI

https://youtu.be/cgF6CWLF4Rk

https://youtu.be/xo_uAi3dz7U

https://youtu.be/vhLEH7qR97E

https://youtu.be/-YqQNzHnwcI

https://youtu.be/8M5tyuys0Hg

https://youtu.be/sCTvn3iRKIs

https://youtu.be/YxcwL7_tI1c

Mario Martínez

51 minutes ago, Mario Martinez said:

I do not know why this is happening. The pics are just links to official YouTube generated videos (they are not my videos) I just tried and I can open all of them here.

Nikhil is in India. (Some of) the videos may be blocked there. Such nonsense is, sadly, all too common. It's especially ironic that by blocking the official videos, all they accomplish is driving people to unauthorised copies without such restrictions.

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

Nikhil is in India. (Some of) the videos may be blocked there. Such nonsense is, sadly, all too common. It's especially ironic that by blocking the official videos, all they accomplish is driving people to unauthorised copies without such restrictions.

Indeed, if I use a VPN with exit in India, I get the same error.

12 hours ago, mansr said:

Thanks Mans,  Yes it does appear that they have restricted access.   Will sample the videos via VPN.   

We have used the third movement of the Beethoven Quintet for Piano and Winds to make 28 new Sound Quality Comparison demos.

You can compare our sound with versions of:

- Decca Sviatoslav Richter

- Naxos Jeno Jando

- Sony Murray Perahia

- Nimbus Records Vlado Perlemuter

- Erato Daniel Barenboim

- Sony Rudolf Serkin

- Delos Carol Rosenberger

- Deutsche Grammophon Friedrich Gulda

- Decca András Schiff

- Warner Melos ensemble

- Decca Pascal Roge