IGNORED

info about streaming Bluesound node 2i

Good day everyone, I'm new, I would like your valuable advice, since I still use an Apple MacBookPro with Amarra 4 software, external HD music with USB 4 TB and my dac Metric Halo, every time the Mac and Amarra interrupt the musical performance for updates and lack of stability. so I'm thinking of buying a Streaming Bluesoud Node 2i connected to my dac via spidif but my question is can I use my music hd with the usb node? is the 2i node compatible?

thank you

Hi gustavo and welcome. I believe Bluesound devices have a 200,000 tracks limit, after which it will stop indexing your library. A factor for you?

FWIW, about 2.5 years ago I purchased a Node 2 out of frustration with Apple updates breaking something. Didn't look back until recently. My whole system has changed since then and, being the curious type, I re-inserted my Mac mini back into the system and updated to the latest Amarra 4 build. The sound quality improvement was significant and I reluctantly removed the Node 2. Thankfully, Amarra 4 has been quite stable for me. I also use sQ+ for streaming various services (Pandora, internet radio) without issue. Obviously I like the Amarra sound but I also use Audirvana + and HQPlayer depending on mood.

Bluesound make nice products and I'm still happily using the Node 2 in my work space. 

thanks Melvin,
However, I can also buy a new generation mini Mac but it will surely cost more than Node 2i but I will continue to use Amarra 4 that I like best with other players .... now I send an email to Bluesound about it and see how answer me.
thanks ps; I gladly accept other advice

Gustavo - I recently added a Node 2i to my setup and was able to simply plug in a HDD via the USB port on the rear and after indexing my collection of tracks everything works. I have a mixture of Apple Lossless, FLAC rips, DVD-Audio extracts and a DSD album. All playback just fine using the Node 2i. Again, not sure of the max track count but I’m no where near it. I still have my Mac Mini (2012) connected to an OPPO 205 for the DAC via a USB cable. But for simplicity, the Node 2i wins out. 

2012 (Late) Mac Mini, Oyen 1TB HDD (ALAC files), DH Labs Silversonic Toslink Optical w/3.5mm Audioquest adapter, Rega DAC, Audioquest Columbia IC, Rega Brio-R, DH Labs T-14 Cables, PSB Imagine B

On 27/11/2018 at 07:16, ttate90303 said:

Gustavo - Recentemente ho aggiunto un Nodo 2i al mio setup ed è stato in grado di collegare semplicemente un HDD tramite la porta USB sul retro e dopo aver indicizzato la mia collezione di tracce tutto funziona. Ho una miscela di Apple Lossless, FLAC rip, estratti DVD-Audio e un album DSD. Tutta la durata va bene utilizzando il Nodo 2i. Di nuovo, non sono sicuro del numero massimo di tracce, ma non sono nemmeno vicino. Ho ancora il mio Mac Mini (2012) collegato a un OPPO 205 per il DAC tramite un cavo USB. Ma per semplicità, il Nodo 2i vince.