IGNORED

The Linear Solution Reference 1 Linear Power Supply: Viable Alternative to a Paul Hynes SR7?

On 1/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

I used this one:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/AB5100SHF-210X297/3M155949-ND/5823559  The key is to use it sparingly.  Too much and you won't be happy with the result.

I was thinking of trying some of this paper with my Zenith SE and SR4, and eventually also the SR7 I hope to get at some point this year.  Do you have any tips on how to approach finding tne right amount of paper to use and where to try it?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

Given that the 3M material absorbs emmisions mainly up in the GHz range, putting it around an AC mains transformer won’t do a darn thing.  Sorry. :(

In what range does an AC mains transformer generate emissions?  Are there consumer products suitable for placing inside audio devices, power supplies etc that would deal with that without impacting negatively on sound quality?

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se