IGNORED

my setup for my Innuos SE is straigt forward:

my setup for my Innuos SE is straigt forward:
1. All music is on the Innuos SSD and played with the Innuos player.
2. Output is with USB to AFI USB/EZEEBU Interface and DAC.
3. To control the setup Innuos is connected with a ethernet cable to a wlan/ethernet bridge
My Problem:
While playing an album I can pull the power of the wlan/ethernet bridge and shut off ethernet to Innuos.
This leads to a Quite dramatic improvement of musicality.
In order to get control back I have to shut down Innuos and restart it.
Until now I believed that this detoriation happens only when music is transferred on ethernet - however this tells me otherwise.
Do I need all the sophisticated solutions to clean the ethernet route that are described in this forum or get I along with ethernet filter, optical lan   etc?

Hi Klaus, 

How is the wlan/ethernet bridge powered? SMPS? Is the SMPS on the same power circuit as your DAC and/or Innuos? 

I installed a new Innuos SE and was rewarded with magically good sound. But of course when I read about the USB enhancement boxes getting exceptionally positive reviews I got one on demo. At installation I heard some minor improvements but a large portion of the magic disappeared. 400 hours of run in failed to restore the magic. I returned the unit to my excellent dealer, who sent me another unit to try.  Same result. Turned out the problem was caused by the unit’s SMPS. As soon as that was removed the magic was restored.  Simply having the SMPS plugged into the same circuit was enough to destroy a lot of the imaging, rhythmic drive and listener involvement. Since then I’ve removed all the SMPSs from my Internet stream for some major SQ enhancements. 

in the meantime I have communicated with Innuos and they also believe that my wlan to ethernet bridge looks suspicious This is a Fritz wlan repeater 1750Ethat has a SMP power supply the wlan to ethernet converter and a wlan transmitter all in the same box - this seems to be worst case. I will get a device that simply converts wlan to ethernet and can get its DC power via a USB plug or a separate DC power supply. Will report later.

Now I have made two major steps to improve sound:

1. I have replaced my Fritz repeater with a Pioneer AS-WL300 wireless WLAN adapter.
- no additional WLAN radiation from the Pioneer  as compared to the Fritz repeater)
- has no internal  SMP
- power is delivered via a dedicated USB port
  which I feed momentarily from the "Innuos backup" USB port.
  I consider to use a power bank or alinear supply.
- I have replaced the 3m ethernet cable by the short cable that comes with the device. Although the former long cable was optimally isolated for EMI I heard a dulling of the music.
  may be I have to recheck with a short audiophile ethernet cable?
Remember all these effects are easily checkable because the Innuos playes without the wlan connected.

2. THE SECOND MAJOR IMPROVEMENT COMES WITH VIBRATION ISOLATION OF THE INNUOS se.
It SITS NOW ON A WOOD PLATE THAT ITSSELF SITS ON AIR CUSHIONS - THIS MATERIAL IS USUALLY USED FOR SHIPPING PURPOSES. Openness and Tonality are greatly improved.