IGNORED

Newbie question: Just bought a Cambridge cxn v2 need storage advice

Hey everyone, I am a newbie but just found this forum. Here is what I have and have coming in. 

I am running an Anthem 720 mrx with a new Oppo 203 running into my Acoustic Zen Adigos, with a NAS with Plex for movies and just bought a Cambridge CXN V2 for music. Now when I have my guy program the remote for music, I will at times use very little tidal but I have a great collection of FLAC files. About 1000 songs and growing so I need some space. What is the best drive to run with the USB dac to get the highest quality sound out of my system? I was hoping for a 1 to 2tb drive. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance everyone

Mike

I can't talk for the "highest quality sound", but you could use the optional DLNA server in the Plex to serve up your FLACs from your NAS, centralising the lot (and hopefully making things slightly less complex from a device point of view) - https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204084801-Why-can-t-my-Network-Player-see-my-Plex-Media-Server-

bliss - fully automated music organizer. Read the music library management blog.

Hi Dan, very interesting idea. My only issue with using the NAS is that i have it filled with movies.  Just bought a SanDisk 1tb external hard drive to hold the music files. I have been downloading high res music files for the past few weeks to get around 1000 songs. I was just hoping to do a dedicated drives for movies and music. I’m also curious if there is a sound difference with drives.