IGNORED

Blu Ray Audio Ripping on a MAC...Possible??? Running Windows on a MAC - does this change the game?

yogamarc

Okay - So I've tried many times to rip the high res audio from a blu ray on a MAC without success. I can get 16 bit but not 24. I have used make MKV - but then what? I get this big file I can't seem to use. I try DVD audio extractor but it won't pass the copyright. I've had people tell me its possible only to realize they don't own a MAC... its super easy on a PC - but MACs seem to block ripping or decrypting of these files...

I've used a few used PCs to do this using DVD audio extractor with AnyDVD running in the background (this seems to be the magic potion) and its a cinch. easy-peasy. no fuss. BOOM. done.

Unfortunately, I no longer have a PC as both died - and I have some big titles i want to rip for portable listening. so - drumroll please....

In lieu of buying a new PC laptop, is there a way to run windows on a mac and get the same result? OR has someone used a MAC successfully to easily extract blu ray audio...

thanks so much for any feedback!!

On 11/10/2018 at 12:49 PM, yogamarc said:

Okay - So I've tried many times to rip the high res audio from a blu ray on a MAC without success. I can get 16 bit but not 24. I have used make MKV - but then what? I get this big file I can't seem to use. I try DVD audio extractor but it won't pass the copyright. I've had people tell me its possible only to realize they don't own a MAC... its super easy on a PC - but MACs seem to block ripping or decrypting of these files...

I've used a few used PCs to do this using DVD audio extractor with AnyDVD running in the background (this seems to be the magic potion) and its a cinch. easy-peasy. no fuss. BOOM. done.

Unfortunately, I no longer have a PC as both died - and I have some big titles i want to rip for portable listening. so - drumroll please....

In lieu of buying a new PC laptop, is there a way to run windows on a mac and get the same result? OR has someone used a MAC successfully to easily extract blu ray audio...

thanks so much for any feedback!!

Yes you can run WinDoze on a Mac and it isn't even a hack job. You do have to either partition the HDD in the Mac as two drives, a Mac Journaled partition and a MS-DOS or ExFAT partition (I'm not sure but I think you can add a second HDD and format that as a PC drive and boost windows from that. But you would have have to ask someone who has done it) or, you need a virtual machine program like parallels, VMWare Fusion or Virtual Box. If you partition your drive and install Mac OS on one partition and Windows on the other, you will need a piece of free software from Apple called "Boot Camp". Boot Camp will come up every time you power up the the computer and ask you whether you want to boot into Mac OS or Windows. There's no way to change from one OS to the other without restarting the Mac when using Boot Camp. The Virtual machine is a better idea in my estimation because you don't have to erase your hard drive and partition and you can run both OSes simultaneously. When in Windows the computer will act as a Windows computer and programs like DVD Audio Extractor or AnyDVD should run exactly as they would on a real PC.  

George