IGNORED

Airport Express and KEF LS50W - Anyone actually using that combo?

Rather than using the Raspberry Pi as an AirPlay receiver, you could instead use it as an AirPlay to UPnP/DLNA network bridge, by using the Logitech Media Server with the ShairTunes2 (fork) & UPnP/DLNA Bridge LMS plugins.

This would get your UPnP/DLNA supporting Kef LS50W to bit perfectly network stream the AirPlay audio, plus no use of the LS50W's optical audio input.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 2 months later...

Hi Grantn,

Going by the 2 recent threads that you have created mentioning the same issue, ie:

my previous post in this thread is not really relevant to your specific problem. This thread is about the various methods of getting the LS50W to play audio streamed over the network by AirPlay (such as using the Airport Express device mentioned in the thread's title).

So I'm going to post my response to your issue in your "Newbie Question" thread, as that already has one reply.

May be you'd have received a better response to your threads if you'd originally created them in this section (Networking, Networked Audio & Streaming).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox