IGNORED

Article: A New Listening Room Part One

My options for this listening room were a bit limited by of course cost but also because I wasn't willing to change anything about the rest of the house below this room. For example, I ask in the forum about using a rubber sound barrier under the carpet and before I knew it the recommendations were to rip up the ceiling below the room and put in a sand [sic] barrier etc...

@The Computer Audiophile  I applaud your efforts taking this project on with your own vision.  However, the proffering of solutions at an early stage would've been advanced by accurate depictions of the space on your part.   The purpose of your threads on new speakers and flooring was pooling ideas from the community.  Ideas brought forth were meant to not only be applicable to a high end listening room, but yours in particular. 

Quite conservatively, carpet was the least obvious issue faced when taking in the full scope of this project.  Being as this is Computer Audiophile, the lengthy depiction of turning your attic into a listening room rightly comprised the majority of this article.  There were numerous twists and turns that could have put a halt on this project.  Less visible physical obstacles which quickly lost the element of high tension once successfully completed.  Yet no less daunting than the long slow process and infinite calculations required to locate objects in a room.  I have faith you will meet all further challenges with equal aplomb.  My only hope is that you will be open to the experiences of others kindly relating personal mistakes and triumphs.  

• 6 months later...