IGNORED

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

I'm pretty sure some will say this a dumbass question, but if the shoe fits, you got to wear it.

I think I'm streaming audio using my B+ and Mac Mini with Amazon Prime, only the 2 million free tunes, not paying for the 50 million tunes.  Realize that it's not CD quality but like mp3.  Connect to internet by wifi.  It works and sounds decent, use it to learn tunes to prepared for a gig or jazz lesson.  

So, why do I need another piece of gear to stream, say a Rendu or a Bridge?  Guessing I could hook up Mini by ethernet to wifi router for more bandwidth...but I'm not getting skips or dropouts, at least with what Amazon sends me.  

I have a huge aversion to more boxes...no preamp, do have a LPS for B+ and amp.  Have resisted audiophile angst related to Regens, Eitrs, iFi USB gizmos...Spend plenty of hard earned dough on guitar gear, but am even lightening the load in that regard, with 3 primo vintage guitars for sale and using only a very small board with smaller tube amps.

Tone with Soul

AV - So if I tried a full or high def streaming service over wifi, I'd get stuttering and dropouts or other forms of distortion?

Have 2,400 CDs ripped to HD - Jazz, Blues, Rock...so I have plenty to listen to.  Not enough time is my problem.

Tone with Soul