IGNORED

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

The Mytek Brooklyn Bridge is a mixture of good and a pain-in-the-arse (PITA).

I bought mine recently and loved what it APPEARED it could do, although $3K was quite a bit of change to get the features I wanted. I figured that for that amount of money and Mytek's apparent good reputation I couldn't go wrong.

Overall, setting it up was a breeze until I tried to use a thumb drive with my high rez music on it. At that point it was a PITA. It still is even after a couple of months or so.

First, there are two versions of MConnect, MConnect Player and MConnect Control. The MConnect Player is apparently more for the Apple OS and Control is for Android tablets. There is also the Lite version of each. Go to Conversdigital.com for specifics.

I bring the up the above because I am trying EVERYTHING to make the dang BB's USB thumb drive visible on whichever of the versions I can. I can often see the BB (can play to) depending of some still unknown factors, although rarely can I see the thumb drive contents. The times I HAVE seen the contents it was hyper-slow even showing up; it took a few minutes. It's much worse at making a cameo when you have DSD files.

On a rare occasion I HAVE been able to play the contents for the thumb drive, but I have yet to figure out how to do it more than a few times. Each thumb drive has been 32GB or smaller per Mytek's guidelines.

I have tried the BB on two WIFI networks. It worked better on one (stay at that location occasionally) than it does my network where I usually stay. Both are fast, but the one I have had more trouble with is running at 500 mbs and I have no issues with anything else!

I decided to eliminate WIFI and run an Ethernet cable directly to the BB. No real difference; it's intermittently successful even seeing the BB and even less so the thumb drive.

I am beginning to think that the marriage between Mytek and MConnect is a rocky one AT BEST.

In addition to all of this Mytek is well behind on their manual for the BB. There are a lot of functions not fully explained. For one, I cannot find "sync". What does the streamer "off/on/auto" really do? I was thinking that "auto" might shut off after some period of inactivity resulting in some of my frustrating making connections (thinking it was actually off). So, I leave it on. I assume that the USB driver is only for the PC and has nothing to do with whether an Android device can see a thumb drive. There are several functions where the manual is deficient.

Lastly, I also have an iPad Pro as well as Android phones (S5 and an S9+) and the I-pad cannot see the thumb drive either! No drivers required for the Apple OS.

I am still trying and hoping that this stuff get's fixed. Most difficult $3K I ever spent.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...