IGNORED

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

6 hours ago, iwf said:

And the analog inputs have gone too.

Looks like they are there to me. "Built in analog preamp". Sounds like you can switch it between line input or phono input. 
Feature and price wise, this is a very tempting unit. Should sound good too, if it is the same as the namesake DAC.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This is exciting news! Been holding off upgrading from my Brooklyn DAC (-) since I've had a feeling something like this was on its way. Absolutely love the Brooklyn DAC and AMP with my network streamer through AES, but if the Brooklyn Bridge's  built in streamer is good and the analog volume control is still there I will definitely upgrade.

Here's hoping they have upgraded the USB input too. It's the one obvious weakness of the DAC IMO.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Roon requires additional Roon Core

Seems a bit vague about Roon, does this mean the Bridge will operate as a RAAT in its own right via  Ethernet, or  is just a Roon ready DAC still requiring usb connection to another unit acting as the RAAT?  Can’t believe it’s the latter given the nature of the product.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, Cortes said:

Now, wait and see whether Brooklyn Bridge >, <, or =, to Brooklyn DAC+ plus $800 streamer. 

True, but you'd probably save a little money by getting rid of cables and possibly interfaces such as Schiit Eitr

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On 11/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, OldBigEars said:

True, but you'd probably save a little money by getting rid of cables and possibly interfaces such as Schiit Eitr

Certainly the value of the built in streamer is debatable. For some, it's a pure cost calculation: "I can get a decent streamer and cables for less than $7-800"; or they want the flexibility of picking a streamer; for others, the one box solution and and lack of cable spaghetti is an added value in and of itself; or they may assume the built in streamer has some potential sonic advantages also. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 11/10/2018 at 4:50 AM, davide256 said:

I listened briefly to one at CAF, sounded nice over some unfamiliar Audeze closed back headphones. Just wish it had been DC powered to allow BYO power supply.

I’m not sure why you say that.  The Mytek Brooklyn Bridge does—just like their Brooklyn DAC+ —have a 12V DC input jack whose use then disables the unit’s internal SMPS. :)

22 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I’m not sure why you say that.  The Mytek Brooklyn Bridge does—just like their Brooklyn DAC+ —have a 12V DC input jack whose use then disables the unit’s internal SMPS. :)

I asked about this at their table at CAF and was told no for DC power supply.  This makes the product far more interesting, if it can compete with microRendu

for streamer quality.

Assuming its the same PS requirements as Brooklyn+, an LPS 1.2 PS won't do, sounds like a Hynes SR-4 or your JS-2 would be needed.

" External power supply: 12V, 4 - 6A "

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

12 hours ago, davide256 said:

Assuming its the same PS requirements as Brooklyn+, an LPS 1.2 PS won't do, sounds like a Hynes SR-4 or your JS-2 would be needed.

" External power supply: 12V, 4 - 6A "

Yes, same external DC requirements--and the DC jack can be seen right on the back panel.  Given that we now have close to 100 Brooklyn DAC owners happily powering with JS-2, it's a safe bet that it will be a lovely match with the Brooklyn Bridge as well. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 1:39 AM, Veovis said:

This is exciting news! Been holding off upgrading from my Brooklyn DAC (-) since I've had a feeling something like this was on its way. Absolutely love the Brooklyn DAC and AMP with my network streamer through AES, but if the Brooklyn Bridge's  built in streamer is good and the analog volume control is still there I will definitely upgrade.

Here's hoping they have upgraded the USB input too. It's the one obvious weakness of the DAC IMO.

Same here.  I would't mind simplifying my rack, but it's tough to justify the extra $800 over the DAC+.  Regardless, I'm still super-happy with my OG Brooklyn.  Hopefully someone will do a review comparing the Brooklyn Bridge to the Manhatten II w/ Streamer Card..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually I quoted a streamer for regular Dac+ (not bridge). People above were saying one could get a better streamer by buying separately. I am buying something this week. Either a Brooklyn Bridge, Lumin D2 (T1 is so tempting..but 2k more) or a dac and the Project s2 Stream box (thats still $800 in itself). An all in one seems like the best option for me. Plus, by going Brooklyn, I have other inputs unlike the Lumins. 

The Lumin fans and dealers tell me how much better the d2 and T2 (especially) sounds over any Mytek product.

Just now, arcman said:

I actually I quoted a streamer for regular Dac+ (not bridge). People above were saying one could get a better streamer by buying separately. I am buying something this week. Either a Brooklyn Bridge, Lumin D2 (T1 is so tempting..but 2k more) or a dac and the Project s2 Stream box (thats still $800 in itself). An all in one seems like the best option for me. Plus, by going Brooklyn, I have other inputs unlike the Lumins. 

The Lumin fans and dealers tell me how much better the d2 and T2 (especially) sounds over any Mytek product.

Sorry. I misread it in my haste.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, arcman said:

What would be a good external streamer (MQA and Roon ready) to pair up with a Brooklyn Dac+?

Sonore ultraRendu. Pair it with an Uptone LPS-1.2 PSU and that's about as good as it gets, for a source (in my opinion/experience, not expertise)

There's the new Sonore opticalRendu coming soon which should be even better but it's not yet released for public comments/reviews.

What is your favourite software to use for music playback?

4 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Sonore ultraRendu. Pair it with an Uptone LPS-1.2 PSU and that's about as good as it gets, for a source (in my opinion/experience, not expertise)

+1

According to a review of Highfidelity Poland the streaming part of the Brooklyn is inferior to the USB input, so the statement of @Em2016 makes sense.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)