sphinxsix

Bird Music

Rate this topic

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Been checking my new IEMs recently using among others Diana Krall's fantastically sounding albums hence two bird songs by DK..

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

I don't think owls have been mentioned on this thread. How come.?

Some facts about these birds whose faces are actually ears (!) Did you know that many owls have asymmetrical ear holes (one higher than the other).? Why are their eyes symmetrical then.? And most importantly - what's their perception of a soundstage.?!

image.png.3a8ba4267aedc85fb70202e22cddea21.png

―  William Shakespeare.

9 minutes ago, mansr said:

The owls are not what they seem.

Respect, man. Not everyone knows about it...

One more thing as for their asymmetrical ear holes - imagine asymmetrical headphones for owls.

No need to mark left and right!  image.png.aaf99aa2ad56e491bd8f602b6eac893f.png

―  William Shakespeare.

A cover version, from the album "A Box of Birds".  Followed by the far superior original version from Hawkwind.  (I'll try not to cheat so much next time....)

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

DK once again - this time performing Eagles :) cover.

Some say her every song is a bird in flight.

http://www.dianakrall.com/news/every-song-bird-flight

image.png.3a8ba4267aedc85fb70202e22cddea21.png

―  William Shakespeare.

A bad guy and his sweetheart is a bad woman too  ;)

Mose Allison didn't kill birds  image.png.5477220c588cccb67fa28ca2c2a4efe3.png

―  William Shakespeare.

Bird music begins around the 0:44 mark haha!  I'd forgotten this, it's been a long time since I last listened to this symphony!

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

"I know I chatter on far too much...but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit!"  -Anne of Green Gables

From my Album of the Evening. Strauss ladeled on the birdsong in this polka alternately reflective of a scenic woods and heavy implications of the scenic wonders to be found at a tavern of the same name. 

―  William Shakespeare.

A new acoustic version of an old Pink Floyd albatross song..

―  William Shakespeare.

2 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

The reconnaissance mission of the parrot flock is potentially alarming.  They have noted that this thread makes repeated references to "bird song," while most examples are wordless, and thus not "song"--they may feel that this is discriminatory against them as the most famous group of birds actually capable of using human language and thus "song" in a human sense.  Now that they have found the originator of this thread, their next mission may well involve 'bombing' runs, so be alert.  On the other hand, ravens may be recruited as ninjas, so you'd never see them coming.  If you hear a cry of "nevermore," I'd suggest taking the warning seriously.

x-Dx-Dx-D

―  William Shakespeare.

A clip from the past, but could represent the future for @sphinxsix….

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

Anyway, back to the music🙂

On 4/19/2019 at 12:48 AM, Hugo9000 said:

The reconnaissance mission of the parrot flock is potentially alarming.

I agree, in particular, if they are feral parrots.

Back to music..

―  William Shakespeare.

Flooding this forum with Emil Viklický's music today x-D

―  William Shakespeare.