IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of… Jefferson Airplane’s Surrealistic Pillow

14 hours ago, firedog said:

Thanks, josh. I have a digital rip of a mono LP. But this article inspired me to go to Tidal. They have a 17 song version there, which I assume is the same as one of the Irwin ones you referred to. I will pick up the CD at some point. 

7 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@JoshM : Great article I hadn't listened to  the Airplane in years- and to my surprise didn't even them in my ripped CD library and my vinyl is long gone.

Went to TIDAL and they didn't even have Surrealistic Pillow then it magically showed up with almost identical ones but less quantity as on Qobuz (below)!

BUT... if you have Qobuz type in 'Jefferson Airplane' 36 different albums come up including various 'live' collections(probably some are same albums/collections on different labels) including a bunch from the fillmore including 'Grace's debut' and others plus a slew of albums and movie scores that have the Airplane and then a slew of similar groups and tributes... including one entitled 'Worst of Jefferson Airplane'!

I can't comment on SQ they all sound good to me especially if you use A+3 as the 'player'.

It would be interesting for comments from you Josh and others if so inclined as to how these 'streamed' collections sound compared to the CDs you describe.

bobbmd

I believe the Tidal version is the Irwin remaster, but I’ll download a track from Tidal and let you know for sure.