IGNORED

JPLAY FEMTO is fantastic

joelha

5 hours ago, pianoguy said:

Perhaps, but it's Mr. O's terrific software, and its hard to imagine anyone else understanding how best to talk to it.  I think it would be in the interests of all CA folks to understand the different ways of coupling the arguably the worlds best library management with the worlds best (windows- based) player!

Agree,

maybe Marcin was hired by Taiko Audio to do some extra work and is not allowed  to disclose it?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Possible, yes of course . . . but then Mr. O can simply advise that he is subject to non-disclosure . . .  end of discussion . . . so for the sake of all us CA folks, lets' hope that's not the case . . . certainly not in his best business interests!!  

BTW, I don't understand why you are so obstructive - are you Mr. O's lawyer!!??  I thought the purpose of these forums was to enlighten and benefit CA folks??

Mach2 server, Datatale external SSDs, all on battery power, Stahltek Vekian DAC,[br]Pathos InPol2 Integrated, Leedh Nazca, Magnan wire.

26 minutes ago, pianoguy said:

Possible, yes of course . . . but then Mr. O can simply advise that he is subject to non-disclosure . . .  end of discussion . . . so for the sake of all us CA folks, lets' hope that's not the case . . . certainly not in his best business interests!!  

Agree again.-)

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:18 PM, pianoguy said:

Marcin,

After offering this link, you proceed to trash the SQ of this combination in comparison with using Femtoserver.  One of the best (most expensive?) servers on the planet - the SGM Extreme, uses Roon for library management and control and Jplay for playback as their preferred, default playback.  Their machine is aimed at NOS DACs.  They don't mention use of a plug-in (e.g., Squeeze2Unpn) to achieve compatibility between Roon and Jplay.  Please tell us what they are doing differently to achieve what, in their opinion, is the best sound to go with the best library managment?  Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Rick

Hi Rick, 

As far as I know, the only way to combine JPLAY FEMTO with Roon is via squeezelite plugin. 

It is possible to use JPLAY via ASIO in Roon as well, but this is JPLAY Classic, not JPLAY FEMTO. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 7/25/2019 at 4:56 AM, Marcin_gps said:

Hi Rick, 

As far as I know, the only way to combine JPLAY FEMTO with Roon is via squeezelite plugin. 

It is possible to use JPLAY via ASIO in Roon as well, but this is JPLAY Classic, not JPLAY FEMTO. 

Regards, 
Marcin

Being the microRendu family has squeezlite as an output option, is it possible for Femto + Roon (on server) to stream to a mU with squeezlite enable on mU?

My rig

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the response. .  That approach - Jplay  Classic via ASIO in Roon is what TakeoAudio does in their Extreme.  In your opinion, does that provide better SQ than Jplay FEMTO with Squeezelite?  Thanks!

Rick

Mach2 server, Datatale external SSDs, all on battery power, Stahltek Vekian DAC,[br]Pathos InPol2 Integrated, Leedh Nazca, Magnan wire.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:24 AM, pianoguy said:

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the response. .  That approach - Jplay  Classic via ASIO in Roon is what TakeoAudio does in their Extreme.  In your opinion, does that provide better SQ than Jplay FEMTO with Squeezelite?  Thanks!

Rick

Hi Rick, 

I think  it  does as it doesn't involve 3rd party software (squeezelite), so  there is less processing. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a post in the JPLAY forum about being "torn between Windows and Linux." He said he spent more time tweaking Windows than listening to his system.  I wouldn't say I'm "torn", but I have similar thoughts.  I work with Windows as a developer on a daily basis, and do not relish the thought of using it once again for my audio system: the dependency on hacky optimization products, the stubborn bloatware (unless you license a server edition), the forced updates (unless you have the elusive LTSB), the inordinate number of services/background tasks, and the frequent thrashing of the OS "drive" (I use Optane memory thanks to advice of some on this site).

Perhaps Marcin would consider a Linux edition.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been answered (I couldn't find it) but can jplay be used with Roon and a Sonore endpoint such as an ultraRendu?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

On 10/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, dminches said:

Sorry if this has been answered (I couldn't find it) but can jplay be used with Roon and a Sonore endpoint such as an ultraRendu?

From my memory, yes. With help of Sonore's UPnP app. It is based on the UPnP/DLNa-bridge plugin for LMS. I had the microRendu and it worked rock stable. Please have a look at the manual 'How to use JPLAY FEMTO with Roon?'. You don't need to do the first four steps just activate the LMS support in Roon and activate the UPnP app on your Sonore endpoint.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro