IGNORED

JPLAY FEMTO is fantastic

joelha

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

mmm, I abandoned JPlay use a couple of years ago as good on transient response but washed out for midrange tone color intensity. I don't see how adding UPNP remote control changes what seems essentially a characteristic of PC direct to DAC without an exotic USB card in the PC? I had a similar experience with AO but

at least Jplay didn't give me OS configuration fits.

It's not only adding a UPnP remote - playback engine has been completely rewritten. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

2 hours ago, davide256 said:

But that engine requires direct to DAC right? meaning that my server has to be with USB cable distance (3 feet) of the DAC?

Correct. Unless you use it in JPLAY dual PC mode then the Control PC (server) can be far away from your hifi setup and only Audio PC (endpoint) that sits close to your audio system connects to DAC.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 3:08 AM, KingRex said:

Felipe, have you tried the JPlay via Roon vs HQplayer via Roon.  I am configured HQPlayer via Roon.  I would like to dump the Roon subscription service. Does JPlay server work as Roon and find my music library on my nas and in my server.  I also use Qobuz and Tidal a lot.  Does JPlay server continue to shape the sound when streaming those services. 

I would probably go the server route as I have a Mojo Audio server on my rack and a control computer network attached with Blue Jean cables through a Liner Solution OCXO switch 

Let ne answer this

You can add multiple drives to the music library in JPLAY femtoServer.  They will be listed separately. 

Yes, JPLAY FEMTO improves SQ of Titdal/Qobuz the same way as with local files.

Regards,
Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:18 PM, pianoguy said:

Marcin,

After offering this link, you proceed to trash the SQ of this combination in comparison with using Femtoserver.  One of the best (most expensive?) servers on the planet - the SGM Extreme, uses Roon for library management and control and Jplay for playback as their preferred, default playback.  Their machine is aimed at NOS DACs.  They don't mention use of a plug-in (e.g., Squeeze2Unpn) to achieve compatibility between Roon and Jplay.  Please tell us what they are doing differently to achieve what, in their opinion, is the best sound to go with the best library managment?  Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Rick

Hi Rick, 

As far as I know, the only way to combine JPLAY FEMTO with Roon is via squeezelite plugin. 

It is possible to use JPLAY via ASIO in Roon as well, but this is JPLAY Classic, not JPLAY FEMTO. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 4:24 AM, pianoguy said:

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the response. .  That approach - Jplay  Classic via ASIO in Roon is what TakeoAudio does in their Extreme.  In your opinion, does that provide better SQ than Jplay FEMTO with Squeezelite?  Thanks!

Rick

Hi Rick, 

I think  it  does as it doesn't involve 3rd party software (squeezelite), so  there is less processing. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 months later...