IGNORED

Stereophile / Art Dudley: First Time Redbook Preferred Over MQA?

14 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Hello Anodyne. Back again? What do I even mean?

I think dave meant that Art Dudley is a known , experienced, established pro whether you like what he does or not. Who mare you? Godd question!

ralf:  you've got to be kidding.

That is exactly what I meant. I’ve been reading Art Dudley ever since I was a subscriber to Listener Magazine. In his comments about MQA he gave very specific, detailed descriptions of what he heard. My experience with MQA is different from his, I’m not able to reliably tell the difference between MQA and PCM but that doesn’t mean he can’t. There certainly are numerous people on these forums who claim to hear differences. 

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

daviruch - He is referring to the fact that many masterings differ for MQA releases, and obviously masterings are a large aspect of SQ

- are you unaware of this?????

How could I be unaware of that after it’s been pointed out hundreds and hundreds of times on these forums? Anodyne posted his comment as if it was a fresh new idea. Not hardly. My response to Anodyne was meant to point out the arrogance of suggesting that someone with Art’s background would be unaware of the effect different masterings have on sound quality across all media types, not just digital. In fact, it’s a topic he’s covered numerous times in his articles over the years.