IGNORED

Share your favorite Qobuz playlists

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Do you folks know which account setting controls what is shown next to the "By" in a public playlist that you share? Mine is picking up my email address, that I don't want.

Just wondering if there is some trick...

Good question!  I thought perhaps by linking my Qobuz account it would use that instead, but linking to facebook didn't change anything, it still shows my email address for my playlists.  I see that a couple of people in this thread have shared their own playlists that have a username rather than an email, so perhaps one of them can share the secret?  Unless it's a feature/option that isn't yet available in the U.S. Beta, which is what I'm using.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

On 1/27/2019 at 4:43 PM, left channel said:

For some reason the US beta is displaying email addresses where you'd expect to see usernames. I haven't tried publishing a playlist, but this is happening in the apps too. Also it only accepts an email address for login, even though in other countries you can use the username ("What should we call you?") in that field. Please send a report/request to customer service. I will do the same.

I got this solved, but it seems to be an underlying issue with the "What do we call you? field. The web UI to change this is broken - i.e. it has no effect. I had Eric from the US beta team manually set it for my account, and le voila - the playlist By line was fixed.

Well - fixed for new playlists, not existing ones. For the latter, I had to import into Soundiiz,  delete on Qobuz, and then transfer them back.

EDIT: now you see why it's BETA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question for folks who have shared playlist, if you add/remove songs does folks who have it marked as following/favorites pick up the changes?

The reason for the question is my kids and I have a shared playlist on Spotify, which I convert to Qobuz manually (I am too cheap to pay the monthly Soundiiz subscription to automate 5 or 6 changes per month).  I want to post the playlist but want to avoid screwing up other people if they mark is as favorites.

TIA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still essentially an album listener, which is kind of silly in the times of streaming, but habits change slowly.

Therefore, I haven't been checking out Qobuz' playlists for a while. That said, I'm a particular fan of discovering music that other artists like.  

Here's a good recent addition to their playlists that's worth checking out:

Dutch-Israeli singer Keren Ann has created her personal playlist for Devialet, going from Leonard Cohen via Billie Holiday to Blur. 

Really worth checking out (particularly for me, to get me out of my habit to exclusively listening to classical and jazz):

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2306343

• 1 month later...

Just discovered a really nice rather interesting list by French audio dealer Les Artisans du Son:

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2359639

an interesting mix of Jazz Classical and a lot of other stuff, with some old classics like a Kind of Blue. But I admit they really won me over by featuring the Ghostbusters soundtrack...

• 6 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 2:39 AM, Musicophile said:

Just discovered a really nice rather interesting list by French audio dealer Les Artisans du Son:

https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/2359639

an interesting mix of Jazz Classical and a lot of other stuff, with some old classics like a Kind of Blue. But I admit they really won me over by featuring the Ghostbusters soundtrack...

Hi, the link seems to be broken. Could you check? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Looks like this thread has stalled a bit, so I'll throw one of my playlists out there. Hope you enjoy.

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/16740636

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass