IGNORED

Article: AURALiC ARIES G2 Review

John Darko has a video on the G1 with an interesting comparison to the Wyred4sound streamers. At the end, the wyre4sound is more expensive and better.  The technical differences between the G1 and G2 don't look huge, so  I don't know how the G2 can be much better than the G1 at an almost double price. 

9 hours ago, Doak said:

Xuanqian Wang’s (aka: “Mr. Auralic”) take on SQ differences between Auralic models:

“Galvanic isolation contributes a lot to sound quality because they isolate the digital noise generated by processing circuit. There is no galvanic isolation in either ARIES G1 or VEGA G1 so the sound quality of G1 are not comparable to G2, only software features are the same.

My personal rating of the sound quality for different devices are as below:

My God, this is even worse!. Since you can get galvanic isolation on the USB with a Silanna chip for less than $100.  

https://hifimediy.com/high-speed-usb-isolator-480Mbps

I guess,  getting that chip embedded must cost less. 

27 minutes ago, matthias said:

Just for clarification:

Darko recently published a review about Audirvana for Windows. 

He compared vs. Roon and prefered Audirvana regarding SQ.

Now Roon have a reason to make their software better than Audirvana.

This is not bad for Roon.

Matt

Funny enough, this is the beginning of the last piece of Darko, published today:

Keeping it honest: comparisons are the cornerstone of a good hi-fi review. Why? Because comparisons are also the cornerstone of the consumer decision process. Our decision trees tell us that it isn’t enough for us to enjoy the sound of a piece of audio gear in isolation. We also want to know if we might better enjoy something else.

In short: no A/B, no conclusion. No conclusion, no sale.