IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:07 AM, Don Blas De Lezo said:

hi austinpop and computer audiophile ....  any Qobuz news ?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:12 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I had to venture a guess on a launch date, I'd put my money on November 12, 2018. I have no inside information leading me to believe this is the official date. It's just a guess based on bits and pieces of information.

• 5 weeks later...

And I start to get very worried on the impact of the USA launch of Qobuz, for its current (mostly european customers).

I already see now new subscription offerings, not in line with existing subscriptions.

I have currently a 'Qibuz Hifi Sublime' subscription (valid till April 2019) that provides me streaming with redbook quality, and hirez downloads at reduced price. 

This honouring suits me perfectly, as I am still buying the music I like. Redbook quality is more than enough to find out. Buying hirez ar a price way below CD-format pricing, is a big plus helping to justify the annual subscription price of 200€ I have paid.

Looking at the new subscription offerings, the only subscription left, offering hirez downloads at reduced price, is the Sublime+ subscription. In order to benefit from reduced pricing for hirez downloads, I presumably will have to pay 50% extra (300€ instead of 200€)

Clearly, also Qobuz is moving more and more in the direction of streaming, and less focus on downloads.

Of course I can and will wait until my subscription is up for renewal, and see what Qobuz will offer me based on my current subscription. If I have to pay 50% more, I will most certainly not renew. 

The only reason I might change my point of view, if full integration with Roon would be available by that time.

Dirk

6 hours ago, ddetaey said:

And I start to get very worried on the impact of the USA launch of Qobuz, for its current (mostly european customers).

I already see now new subscription offerings, not in line with existing subscriptions.

I have currently a 'Qibuz Hifi Sublime' subscription (valid till April 2019) that provides me streaming with redbook quality, and hirez downloads at reduced price. 

This honouring suits me perfectly, as I am still buying the music I like. Redbook quality is more than enough to find out. Buying hirez ar a price way below CD-format pricing, is a big plus helping to justify the annual subscription price of 200€ I have paid.

Looking at the new subscription offerings, the only subscription left, offering hirez downloads at reduced price, is the Sublime+ subscription. In order to benefit from reduced pricing for hirez downloads, I presumably will have to pay 50% extra (300€ instead of 200€)

Clearly, also Qobuz is moving more and more in the direction of streaming, and less focus on downloads.

Of course I can and will wait until my subscription is up for renewal, and see what Qobuz will offer me based on my current subscription. If I have to pay 50% more, I will most certainly not renew. 

The only reason I might change my point of view, if full integration with Roon would be available by that time.

Dirk

I'm not sure the disappearance of the Sublime tier is driven only by the US launch (though it may have accelerated it). I think they must have realized that Sublime was priced very attractively.

On my side, over the last year, with at least 2-3 high res purchases per month, getting steep discounts of often 5, 10, 15 € per album, I pretty much got the subscription "for free" compared to the regular highres download pricings. 

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Guys...  Sublime+ is priced exactly the same as Studio, but you're paying for it at one time instead of monthly...

300 / 12 = 25

Pay the extra 50 bucks/Euros and make that back in savings on music.

Unless you pay for Studio annually (and never buy downloads); then it's 249.

Nouvelles_Offres_Press_EN-810x345-1160.thumb.jpg.8b250ed1da1d4c14f565cf55cebdaf35.jpg

Qobuz-new-UK.thumb.jpg.59fcbfff31ceb39fb7a051b3ac479646.jpg

Everyone wants to date my avatar.