IGNORED

Auralic G1 or Lumin u1 mini

primetrex

On 10/19/2018 at 8:53 PM, wklie said:

Lumin is Roon Ready.  So Lumin can be used with Lumin app, Roon, other OpenHome app or UPnP app.  So people can choose the UI they like.  Some people like Roon ($500 lifetime license), many Lumin users are satisfied by the free Lumin app.  There are even more non-Lumin player users who run special computer software such that they can use Lumin app.

When i was contemplating a Lumin D1, i was going to use jriver which it also supports (UPNP), but looked at Lumin Ap an it seemed it would suit my desires more than fine.  I personally would go for LUMIN from the research I did, but i was looking at lower end units than the U1...The higher end LUMIN that supports fiber inputs sounds great if i could budget.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:29 PM, George Hincapie said:

Then you need to get out more. Everyone I know uses Roon. Look at these very forums. Roon is ridiculously good, and miles better than manufacturers own software. And yes, I have used them all.

You clearly haven't used it, so try it then come back and tell me your thoughts.

I have tried ROON, and didn't care for it, mainly because of price and inability to file browse....but i understand if people want their gui, but it's not my cup of tea....either way, the LUMIN does support it, so that is not an applicable criteria for topic.

16 hours ago, mordante said:

I stream using a NAS (synolgy DS214) a streamer (Auralic Aries LE) and a DAC Schiit (gungir multbit). I really don't want to add a PC to that chain. One day I might replace the Aries LE with a Lumin or Aurender.

I am contemplating trying NAS direct to my ND8006....in your configuration did you just configure NAS as upnp?  I bought a netgear, but haven't taken out of box yet.

16 hours ago, mordante said:

All I see of Roon is that it is some network player with a wiki database. So what is the added value?

+1 no desire for that interface...i prefer to file browse my own structure.