IGNORED

Roon ROCK vs AO Windows Server

Hi All, Quick queation in the same direction. i am thinking to either setup an roon rock on a nuc with i7, but i also like the nucleus+ and sonicTransporter i9. the nuc cost still 800, but the second two options cost nearly 3000. i am wondering, if there is really a benefit of a dedicated system like those?

in fact, if i work i dont listen to musik, and if i listen i dont work. this brought me to the idea to just take the 3000 and buy an Asus watercooled mini computer with i9 8 core and the ability to permanently deliver maximum power! Here i could setup the roon server, even a plex video server, and also use the performance for working. 

if you look on my pictures you can see my microsoft surface book 2 with i7, and how it behaves if i reduce power and/or how it behaves if i start multitasking. power saving brings bad results! multitasking at full power also brings the system to a bad limit. Final conclusion is that more power and/or a dedicated system are the solution. 

what do you think about a strong i9 8 core water cooled system to run roon server and other stuff on it?

81AB5CFB-BCFF-4735-B62B-4987AD30DBB4.jpeg

1CEBADBE-361D-4A99-A2EA-0B3D11EE4855.jpeg