IGNORED

Finding better quality versions of my iTunes music

I've bought a lot of albums and tracks via the iTunes Store and they are AAC files, so not lossless. I want to start the process of finding lossless versions of all of my 'lossy' files. If others have done this before then what worked for you and what didn't work? I'm not into popular music so finding music sites what will sell the kind of music that I'm into is going to be the first hurdle.

In an ideal world I'd want to find hi-res versions of my iTunes collection, but CD-quality is probably the best that I can hope for at the moment.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:27 AM, coke said:

Taz777 -- I'm sure many here can help you, but you need to say the type of genre you listen to. Do you like classical, rap, country or pop? Or something else ...

Hi coke, most of my collection is smooth jazz and soul.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:40 AM, Taz777 said:

Hi coke, most of my collection is smooth jazz and soul.

Hello Taz777

You can start with 7digital or bandcamp, which both also allow you to download single tracks. I would start there and see what you find and like. You would have to pick your preferred format — FLAC, AIFF, etc. There are a bunch of other sites that specialize in one genre or the other. For most of them, you may only download albums.

To find other sites, read the question I posted in April: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/39202-any-good-paid-sites-for-downloading-music/?tab=comments#comment-817678