IGNORED

What Files Types Does A Lexus LS 500 Stereo Support Vihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2thPUdnXK8a USB

Guest Gerard

Question

I am running Windows 10.  I have ripped approx. 800 cds to my hard drive using Jriver19.  I ripped the music in AIFF format.  Has anyone tried to export a playlist to a usb stick that will play on a car radio and make it work.  I have had some suggestions but none have worked. I am now running Jriver 24.  Thanks for your help.

13 answers to this question

These pages have the info you need.

This device supports high-resolution sound sources. The definition of high-resolution is based on the standards of groups such as the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). Supported formats and playable media are as follows.

Supported formats WAV, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis

USB Stick Supported Formats Lossless and Lossy: MP3/WMA/AAC/ WAV(LPCM)/ FLAC/ALAC/ OGG Vorbis

Looks like it can support up to 24/192 as well.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.02.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.04.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.05.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.05.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.06.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.06.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 1.06.23 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I have burned many cds  in aiff  and they play on just about any cd player including my car.  it is a new lexus and they do not understand when you ask about file formats.  I have had success by ripping a cd to windows media player in mp3 and syncing it to a usb stick. Maby I could do some kind of file conversion? Thanks for your help.

42 minutes ago, Gerardonly said:

I have burned many cds  in aiff  and they play on just about any cd player including my car.  it is a new lexus and they do not understand when you ask about file formats.  I have had success by ripping a cd to windows media player in mp3 and syncing it to a usb stick. Maby I could do some kind of file conversion? Thanks for your help.

If you tell us the make and model of the car we will figure it out for you. Many cars are different and the only way to know is to investigate the exact make and model. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Try to make a playlist from roon or jriver and play it in any car.  If it works please give me the steps to do it. I have found a work around.  The only way to do it in windows is to send files to another folder.  Download a file conversion program and convert the files to mp3.  Use windows media center to sync what you want with your usb drive.  Thanks for all the help.

3 hours ago, Gerardonly said:

Try to make a playlist from roon or jriver and play it in any car.  If it works please give me the steps to do it. I have found a work around.  The only way to do it in windows is to send files to another folder.  Download a file conversion program and convert the files to mp3.  Use windows media center to sync what you want with your usb drive.  Thanks for all the help.

I don't use Roon but JRiver also allows conversion of your aiff files to other formats that your car supports so there shouldn't be any need for 3rd party software.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I’ve actually been wondering somewhat the same thing / solution for my new car (a 2018 BMW 430xi). Can anyone help me figure out what my options are? 

My last car (a 2015 BMW 428xi) has both USB AND a single 2.5mm input jack, so I was able to use an Apple Camera kit out of my iPhone and into an Audioquest Dragonfly. 

However the new 2018 model now ONLY has USB input (or Bluetooth), so now I’m baffled on how to get higher quality music files from a portable device to play through my car stereo? 

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appropriated! 

@The Computer Audiophile and anyone else out there: Hi Chris I am awaiting delivery of my son’s 2018 Land Rover discovery hse sport he is LETTING me take over his lease when his Tesla arrives.

I have all my iTunes library in AIFF or Apple Lossless plus all my playlists on TIDAL and Qobuz and A+3 plus deezer HiFi and spotify premium and have them on my iPhone and new iPad Pro or should I say some of them.

I currently use an audio quest dragon fly red with the appropriate camera kit.           Do you Think my meridian explorer 2 might now work in the land rover as it has a meridian sound system or will it still be limited because it uses too much power for the iPad or iPhone ?

Also do you or anyone else know if the land rover still has head phone jack to connect the iPhone iPad my sone doesn’t seem to know or care since all he listens to is Sirius!!

I spoke to Meridian-the new Land Rovers DO NOT have a headphone jack either but the sound system is so advanced there is apparently no need for an an external DAC (ie AQDFR w/camera kit) as the Meridian DAC is excellent-so I am going to just attach my iPhone/IPadPro via USB and see what happens but trying a USB flash stick maybe an alternative method as outlined by Chris-I'll let you guys above with Lexus's/BMW's know

15 hours ago, bobbmd said:

I spoke to Meridian-the new Land Rovers DO NOT have a headphone jack either but the sound system is so advanced there is apparently no need for an an external DAC (ie AQDFR w/camera kit) as the Meridian DAC is excellent-so I am going to just attach my iPhone/IPadPro via USB and see what happens but trying a USB flash stick maybe an alternative method as outlined by Chris-I'll let you guys above with Lexus's/BMW's know

Good call talking to Meridian, I bet the dealer would not have had a clue how to answer that.

No electron left behind.