IGNORED

is this Q&A section supposed to eliminate off topic and trolls?

beerandmusic

Question

7 answers to this question

If you don't like this section of the site, don't use it and don't participate in it. Bring your question up on one of the other many threads that caters to witty banter instead of substantive information. 

For me, and others I presume, I think this section is a great way to get quick and knowledgeable answers. 

Gee !!!!  I wasn't expecting to be put "On the Spot" so soon !

Being a Forum participant on a few other Forums I've come to realize that the number of postings someone has made doesn't always translate to well reasoned , useful , non hostile content. (One of these, I try to avoid completely; How much of the other 2 I see normally determines how long I'll follow a thread)

Now, what Question was I suppose to answering ?????

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This enables people searching for the answer to quickly find what they need rather than scrolling through pages of potential answers and off topic banter. 

Off topic banter such as cars, food, wine, politics etc. are possibly best pruned out in the specific threads as part of a general tidying up process, but you are only one man.

That is where a few trusted moderators could be of benefit ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020