IGNORED

European Alternatives to HDTracks?

Hello,

I´m "new" to the music server / computer based music solutions, coming from 15 years of different reference-grade cd players....and now noticing that things can both be more convenient and sound better these days...

Now I´m on a steep learning curve with my new system and the first download-related challenge i found was that HDTracks won´t sell any music outside the US...

Any good info on which sites offer HD downloads with reasonable selection without the "US only"-barrier?

All comments appreciated.

Br,

RKL_76

iMac / Puremusic -> Classé CP-800 -> Pass X350.5 -> Montana XPS Signature / Montana SSW

Hello,

Thanks for the info - let me ask You an ignorant question; how does this work in practice?

At least I can´t get my profile registered with any other payment method than credit card?

Best regards,

RKL_76

iMac / Puremusic -> Classé CP-800 -> Pass X350.5 -> Montana XPS Signature / Montana SSW

I've been using http://www.qobuz.com/ from France. They offer redbook and a decent number of "studio masters." Their selection is country dependent. Here in Italy there are some tracks that are not available. Also check out http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-downloads.aspx. I can also verify that HDtracks through paypal does work.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

I am in Europe and I use HDTracks without any problem whatsoever.

All I had to do is register for login. Then I just login, add tracks to basket and click on "checkout with paypal" (which is just below the normal check-out).

I have heard of some non-us limitations on DHTracks, but I have not encountered any! fingers crossed!