IGNORED

cheap/chinese LPSU's - minefield?

Thinking about buying a 4 rail lps to my music computer and also to act as energizer for two lps-1 and to power a nano iusb3.0 and a ssd. 

Has anyone any experience with this 4-rail lps or could give som input about it? 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZEROZONE-Finished-4-way-High-Current-Hifi-linear-Power-supply-DC5V-9V-12V-19V-LPS-L4/32884191103.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.39f32788g4KlpS

HDPLEX has also released a new version of their 200w lps with 4X LT30451 for the two adjustable rails. The ripple measurements seems acceptable for the adjustable rails around 300uV at full load. But the  12V seems little higher ripple around 1.5mV at half load. For the 19V rail there is no youtube video or info so I dont know the ripple for that rail but probably higher than the 12V rail.

Yes seems we are on the same quest about finding a linear lps for the pc. :)

Im leaning towards going with the hdplex 200w + 400w hifi atx dc converter. It seems safer than going with chinese ones.

I think I have sufficient isolation from the pc with one iusb3.0 at pc usb port and two iso regens driven by lps-1 + singxer su-1 driven by hynes sr-4. Maybe overkill but the second iso regen actually calmed the sound down quite a bit and added to overall sound quality.

But I want to get rid of all polluting smps from my music system which consistst of evga supernova p2 atx power supply + 2 ifi ipower and 2 meanwell smps to the lps-1:s.  

40 minutes ago, the_doc735 said:

Jabbr said:

"You should also realize that most boards — including motherboards and PCIe cards and drives have onboard DC/DC converters eg 3.3, 2.5, 1.8 and 1.1V so your quest to entirely eliminate SMPS may be rather difficult unless you move to a dedicated renderer."

Please remember the new '200' goes down to 800 uV (microvolts) ripple, but the 400w hifi ATX only achieves 10mV (millivolts) ripple, so you would be re-increasing the noise by putting the 400 after the new 200!

more worrying in this picture is the continued use of a crappy full wave rectifier!

809381100_HDPlexnew200elnaaudiocapactors1.thumb.jpg.b14ff910ed29477e59aa32d49a554bb7.jpg

Yes thats disturbing I think that my current evga p2 650 has around 5mv on all voltages at the around 55w load the computer draws when upsampling to dsd512 in hqplayer. So in that sense it is not good. It would be nice to see some real measurements of the 400w hifi atx. Is 10ms the lowest it can achieve if so it could go up drastically when load increases.

I guess one can order the lps and hifi atx and return it if there is no improvement, the return policy seem very generous.

""No question asked exchange: Within a year from the delivery date. 

- Items are not damaged, abused, or missing accessories.