IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

2 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

But that event wasn't meant to be an open debate.

Correct, but somehow lost on genius big wigs like Jbara. Fancies himself a tough guy I guess, despite the weak-ass bullying attempt.

4 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

The interrupters, being employed by, or with a financial interest in MQA, are even more biased.

Spot on.

5 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

If you have something to say, book your own seminar then.  You and your brethren were disgustingly rude a and disrespectful.  

Yes, funny/ironic how the MQA group didn't book their own session, complete with Bob Stuart presenting. Afraid of something there? Not quite the tough bully then.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Long time listener first time caller.

not taking sides but in the video that mqa guy says there is not a mqa vinyl yet. I actually saw one at the show for sale and took a picture because I was so surprise. I also found it online.

my photo

IMG_3938.thumb.jpeg.366fc8cd7664820d6d951e07bba1ffba.jpeg

for sale 

https://www.propermusic.com/product-details/Radka-Toneff-and-Steve-Dobrogosz-Fairytales-Original-Master-Edition-MQA-LP-253561

56 minutes ago, rmaf first timer said:

Long time listener first time caller.

not taking sides but in the video that mqa guy says there is not a mqa vinyl yet. I actually saw one at the show for sale and took a picture because I was so surprise. I also found it online.

my photo

IMG_3938.thumb.jpeg.366fc8cd7664820d6d951e07bba1ffba.jpeg

for sale 

https://www.propermusic.com/product-details/Radka-Toneff-and-Steve-Dobrogosz-Fairytales-Original-Master-Edition-MQA-LP-253561

Wow, so an early digital tape recording done on the ancient (1980) Mitsubishi X-80 at 16-bit/50.4 kHz is the source for that 180g vinyl LP. Or was it the Soundstream 16-bit/50kHz system that Bob has the complete details and fix for?

So we are to believe Bob Stuart did his digital magic on such a source, knowing all about the A/D technology of the day employed by Mitsubishi, Soundstream, 3M, Decca etc... and fully correcting for that 38-42 years later complete with "deblurring"  and whatever other BS the MQA origami entails to produce a vinyl LP mastering extraordinaire?

Dare I ask what the price of admission is to own such a truly awesome LP record sourced from 1976-80 era digital tape is? 

What's the next release in that series, The Nightfly? Yellowjackets?

Oh sorry, The Nightfly is already a thing. I'm sure Bob got his hands on the original digital master tapes in order to ensure Master Quality Authenticated exactly as the artist and recording engineer intended, nothing less.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

39 minutes ago, NoisyNarrowBandDevice said:

Can somebody please make a GIF of the guy banging the table - comedy gold!

I'd love to. Is that really in there somewhere ? ... where ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 minute ago, NoisyNarrowBandDevice said:

Can't figure out how to edit my post - not possible?

It's all right. Everybody understands. Hey, English is difficult some times.

If there is no Edit button between Quote and Bookmark (near the bottom of your post) it is just too late. 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

7 hours ago, austinpop said:

Only anecdotal - but I did speak with several DAC vendors at RMAF who said they were implementing MQA support due to customer demand, despite their own ambivalence with the format.

FWIW.

The fact that you failed to consider the possibility that manufacturers are more likely hearing from MQA PR/marketing, posing as customers; or that manufacturers are simply lying about “customer demand” in order to take advantage of MQA early adoption discounts, tells me that you’re not sufficiently skeptical to become a respected writer in this industry.

1 hour ago, rwdvis said:

The fact that you failed to consider the possibility that manufacturers are more likely hearing from MQA PR/marketing, posing as customers; or that manufacturers are simply lying about “customer demand” in order to take advantage of MQA early adoption discounts, tells me that you’re not sufficiently skeptical to become a respected writer in this industry.

I don't think it means they are lying. I think it means they are using anecdotal methods like email to  determine "customer demand"; in other words,  coming to a conclusion of high demand when what they really have is a small, very interested subgroup. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I would like to be a fly on the wall for a discussion (and I use this term advisedly, as the MQA people don't seem to want to have a real discussion) between the MQA army and Mike Moffat. I think that would be entertaining.

Vinyl is a hugely overpriced way to get flawed sound. Digital is an inexpensive way to get less flawed (though flawed nonetheless) sound.