IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

Where did MQA and its shills enthusiasts get the idea that CA is responsible for prejudicing its readers against MQA?  It is not.

I read the material MQA released including Bob's Q&A and some of the magazine articles.  Then I read the analysis done by guys like @Miska , @mansr and Charles Hansen.  Then I used my own judgment.  Archimago's article subsequently confirmed some of my conclusions.

It's so easy to simply dismiss the CA community as a mob mentality.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:05 AM, Lee Scoggins said:

Goodnight.

I've updated the chart Lee!

MQA "enthusiast"                        Reason for no longer posting on CA

Peter Veth                                                          BANNED

WitchDoctor                                                      BANNED

Lee Scoggins                              SCARED of his BS being called out

Michael Lavorgna                      BANNED for telling someone to go fuck his mother

Peter Veth (as Peter Markus)  BANNED for acting like a dick and being an MQA shill

Jim Austin                                         Had a little bit of a meltdown on CA

Andy Schaub as Galileo365     Threw a hissy fit and quit just as he was about to be banned

Lee Scoggins PART 2                                             ? 

8 hours ago, adamdea said:

And the gap is because they were conventionally brickwalled at 20 kHz or so when originally produced? 

I would say unconventionally brickwalled, because most ADCs or SRC tools (used in default mode) would run up to 22.05kHz (and a bit beyond).

1 hour ago, Fokus said:

Yes, totally, early in 2017.

1 hour ago, Fokus said:

I would say unconventionally brickwalled, because most ADCs or SRC tools (used in default mode) would run up to 22.05kHz (and a bit beyond).

Thanks. 

You are not a sound quality measurement device

4 hours ago, Fokus said:

MQA has the capability of passing a 2x file through a 1x channel more or less unscathed. This has been proven, no-one tries to deny that.

My understanding is that when MQA encodes a file that is higher res than a 24-48, it only encodes material up to 48k, and throws the higher frequencies away as "perceptually lossless".  That's one of the reasons it is "lossy". So for a 88, 96,176, 192,etc., it is discarding material above 48k if it is there. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 minutes ago, firedog said:

My understanding is that when MQA encodes a file that is higher res than a 24-48, it only encodes material up to 48k, and throws the higher frequencies away as "perceptually lossless".  That's one of the reasons it is "lossy". So for a 88, 96,176, 192,etc., it is discarding material above 48k if it is there. 

Up to 48k payload, that is, 96k sample rate.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:33 AM, Lee Scoggins said:

His pounding on the table was just for emphasis. It's not something I see a lot in the U.S. but I see it all the time in the UK so I think that's just a cultural thing.

After how many pints? ?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)